wireless tether and roku

yazzie91

Reaction score
I dont have an internet connection at home so I use my rooted og droid's wireless tether. I have a netflix account, will the roku netflix player work with the wireless tether app?

djakrse

Reaction score
It might but the bandwidth might push the limits of what you can get away with. I've heard concerns about Verizon getting wise to the amount of data transferred.

Your connection might also not be fast enough or stable enough to maintain during full shows.

Who knows, really. This is all speculation without some testing!

glindagoodwitch

Reaction score
PDA tethering app is on my husband's Droid 2 phone. He was using it to stream our Dish Satellite TV to his Notebook computer when he has a small layover (He is a Truck Driver OTR). It was working, but when he was on 10 hr. downtime in Joplin, MO he was unable to connect to his computer with the PDA. It said he was connected, but he could not access Dish TV? I thought it was just because he had a poor signal, but he had 4 bars and 3G? It does work most of the time, you might try that. You do have to go into Settings, applications, development and USB debugging checked. This has to be checked to allow your phone to use the USB as a means of allowing your phone as modem. I recommend a good virus protector on your computer. This works great if your in an area with good reception. He also has a wireless card in his Notebook, so this is used when he can't get a WiFi connection.

djakrse

Reaction score
My wife uses pdanet on her non-rooted phone. It's a great app except that for licensing reasons it won't let you tether to more than one computer. To do so requires reinstalling as a workaround.

When you lost connection to Dish I'm guessing you might have been capped by Verizon. I think that happened to me when our network was down for a day or so. I wasn't about to "work" for a whole day without internet when I could tether. By the end of the day, I couldn't access the internet. Tethering just gives your computer(s) a LAN connection. Your phone acts as a router between the computer and Verizon.