Wireless tethering charges

doctoroid

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the use of my MotoDroid and wireless tethering. My phone currently is running 2.1 firmware and I was considering rooting my droid to use for wireless tethering with a couple of MacBook laptops when I am away from home. I currently have an unlimited data usage plan with VZW and was wondering if I would rack up any additional charges if I use my droid in wireless tether mode with any of my laptops. I will be using an app that I found in the marketplace for the wireless tethering. Thanks for any suggestions.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
You aren't supposed to, but if you do it with discretion you should not be charged anything.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the use of my MotoDroid and wireless tethering. My phone currently is running 2.1 firmware and I was considering rooting my droid to use for wireless tethering with a couple of MacBook laptops when I am away from home. I currently have an unlimited data usage plan with VZW and was wondering if I would rack up any additional charges if I use my droid in wireless tether mode with any of my laptops. I will be using an app that I found in the marketplace for the wireless tethering. Thanks for any suggestions.

Dont overdue it or abuse it you will be fine.. i would avoid streaming video , downloading movies etc... i have not been charged anything yet for my data usage but i am usulally under the 8 gig mark.. ( i tether very little enough for an i pod touch to get updates and that is it..)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Please don't cross post.....

OP
D

doctoroid

Reaction score
Oops

Sorry jedi master, the first one was posted in the wrong place at the 'hello my name is rookie to this forum'. It won't happen again.

kristoff125

Reaction score
So you're new to the forum and you call the admins asking you to not double post jedi masters?
Respect much?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you choose to tether; as you know you have 2 methods. I prefer usb tether with easy tether because I can charge up my droid while tethering. But I can see wifi tethering with one of the apps in the market for an ipod/ipad. If you tether, just go to sites you can go to on the droid and you should be fine; oh and do not use it as your main source of internet. So do not go home and cancel you ISP because you can now tether. Good luck to you and if you have any more questions just ask.

texasPI

Reaction score
Is it too late to suggest using the search function? Threads upon threads on this topic already with more than you ever cared to know...:icon_rolleyes:

OP
D

doctoroid

Reaction score
Thank you fellow droid users!

I think I found the answer I was looking for. Thanks for all of your replies and suggestions. Backnblack, sorry man I thought you were one of those guys that spends too much time on these forums just waiting for someone to make a mistake. This forum has been very informative regarding my posted question and others that I have researched with great success.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I don't think apps like Barnacle and the Wireless Tether app from Google Code will show tethering... think it would come up as the phone using data..but idk