Wireless stopped working

eversonsc

Reaction score
I have had the droid now for 3 weeks and haven't had an issue except for what happened yesterday.

I have the wireless internet always on and it remembers my WEP password etc for my wireless internet at home. It connected to the network but it won't load anything now. I've turned off the phone, taken the battery out and rebooted and it still won't load the internet. If I turn the wireless off it will load from the 3G network just fine. My wife's Eris still connects and works as well as our laptops. It's weird that it connects but won't load. I'm guessing I will have to take this back for a replacement and that isn't making me very happy.

Any other suggestions?

lemodular

Reaction score
While it's trying to connect, try going into the wireless setup screen. You should see the "Wi-Fi" checked but go into "Wi-Fi Settings" and see what it sas for your desired connection.

When my wifi acts funny (rarely), I usually go to the wireless setting page and click on wifi settings to check and as soon as I'm in the setting screen, the connection then actually tries to and always connects. This method has worked for me everytime. I do not use any third party toggle, just the power widget to turn wifi on and off, which works 99% of the time.

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
I have checked that location and it's connecting to the correct wi-fi network. I then turn off the wi-fi and then connect it again and it still doesn't do anything. I'm guessing I'll need to return it.

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
Ok so just for ****s and giggles I decided to unplug my cable modem and router and reset them. Once those were reset and connected I turned on the wireless on my phone. It connected as usual and then I opened a web page and BAM it worked. It must have been something with the IP address or something.

Just FYI

altierior

Reaction score
Ok so just for ****s and giggles I decided to unplug my cable modem and router and reset them. Once those were reset and connected I turned on the wireless on my phone. It connected as usual and then I opened a web page and BAM it worked. It must have been something with the IP address or something.

Just FYI

i'm having trouble connecting to wifi, too. i know my home wifi is working (else i wouldn't be typing this post now). i'll try resetting my modem and router anyways, just for ****s and giggles. :D

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
make sure you have the wireless off on the phone while you reset and then turn it on after the modem and router are reset and back online.

mathiastck

Reaction score
wifi sucks, anyone got a bluetooth stereo they recommend?

If you hook up a new device the router will often crap out, and then you start resetting both.

But bluetooth is even worse this way. My sony bluetooth car stereo works alright, it worked great with my blackberry.

I can make calls on it, but it won't pipe pandora for me, or my mp3 player.

My jabra stereo a2dp bluetooh headset will, but it pinches my glasses.

I plan to put a good bluetooth mp3cd stereo with an auxilliary in into our 2 other cars, but I want to make sure they will work with mine and my wife's Droid.

Has anyone used a bluetooth car stereo with their droid?