Wireless Tether troubleshooting

Stika525

Reaction score
Hello all,

Had trouble initially with wireless tethering Eris on my wife's Eris. What fixed the problem was a Factory Reset, from settings menu, reloaded Z4root, reloaded wireless tethering for rooted devices. Works like a charm! Hope this helps somebody.

OP
jjhiza

jjhiza

Reaction score
Hey guys...haven't posted in a while, but I've run into a new issue. I just flashed KhasMek's K-Lean ROM on my Galaxy Tab, and now it won't recognize my Wireless tether. The Tether app is fine, and works like a dream with my computer, and was working on the Tab as well, until the ROM was flashed. It's not a kernel issue (voodoo v4 was fine up until the firmware flash), and the supplicant file is unchanged. Anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem?? Thanks in advance!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I don't think the gtab can see ad-hoc WIFI without a hack. I've seen the hack on XDA but I'm mobile at the moment so you'll have to dig.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^I don't think the gtab can see ad-hoc WIFI without a hack. I've seen the hack on XDA but I'm mobile at the moment so you'll have to dig.

This^

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Graymayre

Reaction score
WOW!!!! WTF?! You were spot on man! Just turned off Access Control, and it works like a dream! Brilliant! Thank you so much! :)

If you are familiar with configuring routers, Access control is MAC address filtering. It enables you to control what devices can connect to the network. Its just a way to control or limit access, or to simply disallow access to a device or someone who has had access without changing your passkey. Of course, I like just registering the addresses of my devices and leaving the passkey off. Had to do this alot when I was managing the network for satellite internet that cost $4500/3 months, it kept people from sharing it without paying their share because we had to charge per device because of extremely limited bandwidth and it was just too damn expensive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums