Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not entirely inaccurate. I did the Linux stuff for you, actually. I felt bad that people goaded you into installing 246 when you didn't have a windows box to update with. But this goes back to a very old promise I made to some linux users way back in June or July to convert the HoB to Linux. So, it's done now. I just rebooted after a REINSTALL option. This means that I can unbrick....from linux... :D Now to root this beach and put together a zip file for you guys.
Yay! Thank you. :3
You deserve a hug. -hugs- <3

OK. Now that **most** of us are on 247, time for a new question.

What version of the House of Bionic are you running?

I'm running 6.7

I'm going to use 7.6 on my wife's phone (still on .905) this evening to get Webtop 3.0 on her phone without having to do the reinstall step, then I'll update to 7.7 to move mine from .246 to .247 quick & easy like. Yes, I know I could just do hers by loading the zip to her SD-ext & doing the manual steps, but I've only used the HoB once and want to get more at-home with it, if that makes any sense.

*edit* The flaw in my thinking above is that the update has remained unchanged (it can't be changed), and will install Webtop 3.0 regardless of which version of HoB is used. I confused flashing with updating, and am deserving of the scorn that follows. ;)

Last edited:
I'm going to use 7.6 on my wife's phone (still on .905) this evening to get Webtop 3.0 on her phone without having to do the reinstall step, then I'll update to 7.7 to move mine from .246 to .247 quick & easy like. Yes, I know I could just do hers by loading the zip to her SD-ext & doing the manual steps, but I've only used the HoB once and want to get more at-home with it, if that makes any sense.

I also used 7.6 to keep the webtop app on my phone . I have a lapdock and use it whenever I leave town.

Question for samuri; Would it be possible to run HOB from my lapdock ? If so why haven't you set it up for us lapdock users. There's got to be at least as many of us as there are linux users.

I also used 7.6 to keep the webtop app on my phone . I have a lapdock and use it whenever I leave town.

Question for samuri; Would it be possible to run HOB from my lapdock ? If so why haven't you set it up for us lapdock users. There's got to be at least as many of us as there are linux users.

And another one!!!

Wait, isn't the Lapdock's OS the BIONIC'S OS? That wouldn't work at all...
The lapdock, if I recall, uses Webtop as its interface. It's like saying you're going to format your computer's hard drive while you're booted up in Windows.

The lapdock is not a computer, it's just a secondary display for the phone. You need a second computer in order to manipulate the phones configuration.

Wait, isn't the Lapdock's OS the BIONIC'S OS? That wouldn't work at all...
The lapdock, if I recall, uses Webtop as its interface. It's like saying you're going to format your computer's hard drive while you're booted up in Windows.

It was an honest question. All I know about computers is how to follow directions.

It was an honest question. All I know about computers is how to follow directions.
That's okay.. But the way I see it is, you probably shouldn't be trying to use HoB if you aren't an expert in computers.
I'm a triple-certified IT professional, and even I was nervous about doing 246 on my phone.

That's okay.. But the way I see it is, you probably shouldn't be trying to use HoB if you aren't an expert in computers.
I'm a triple-certified IT professional, and even I was nervous about doing 246 on my phone.

Well lets see I have used it now about 6x since I updated from .2233
This ain't my first Rodeo! I can read and COMPREHEND with the best of them.

The previous version of webtop was a modified Linux, so you possibly could have, but that changed when we got ics, now all webtop is tablet version of our phone allowing higher resolutions than previously.

ICS Droid Bionic
.247 courtesy of HoB
OC @ 1.4Ghz

The previous version of webtop was a modified Linux, so you possibly could have, but that changed when we got ics, now all webtop is tablet version of our phone allowing higher resolutions than previously.

ICS Droid Bionic
.247 courtesy of HoB
OC @ 1.4Ghz

You mean the update UPDATED the webtop partition??? Without someone flashing it???? NO WAY! That's crazy talk. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back