Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webtop 2.0 wasn't based on Ubuntu -- I think you are conflating it with the Ubuntu for Android project which is something completely different. Yes it was a modified Linux but then Android itself is a modified Linux, at least technically. While Webtop 3.0 is nowhere near as cool as Ubuntu for Android, it kicks the stuffing out of Webtop 2.0 which was basically just an outdated Firefox browser and a buggy implementation of flash.
Well there you go, learn something new everyday!
Ah well what I thought truely was not what it was! Yup it' now a paper weight! or extended battery thats over kill.

Well there you go, learn something new everyday!
Ah well what I thought truely was not what it was! Yup it' now a paper weight! or extended battery thats over kill.

Have you actually tried Webtop 3.0? A lot of people like it. I would at least give it a shot given that you already shelled out for a lapdock. It's particularly useful with apps that are designed to have a higher-resolution tablet mode, like Netflix for example, or the Gmail app. Now granted I would much rather have Ubuntu for Android, but the developers of that are marketing it to phone manufacturers rather than end-users, meaning you will have to buy a new phone to get it (assuming it comes to fruition). For what it is though Webtop 3.0 is fairly useful IMHO.

Your post said you were removing Webtop from the flashing .Seems I wasnt the only DUMBASS who misinterpreted that. SORRY!
Now you may have 500 pages of people kissing your A-s but that does not give you the right to jump down peoples throat for making mistakes. If you don't want the hassle take the thing down, disperse it privately amoungst your a--kissing legions and Quit changing it every 10 minutes as to confuse people.
The very first line of the HoB FAQ: "WARNING: Some of these answers may offend you. I have a sense of humor. Sorry."

Seems you did not read the FAQ, or you wouldn't be all butthurt right now. The guy openly ADMITS he is gonna give you a hard time if he needs to help you. He also delivers on results. All he is doing is eliminating an unneeded step that takes a long time. At no point should the webtop partition be touched normally, so why keep reflashing it?

I actually want the previous version for Ubuntu! FRACK! Sorry but Moto you really ircked me on this one!
Love the phones and this was a good addition for functionality for business's huge battery, I wanted to get a damn terminal window and usb console port to my network gear! guess an ultra book is in my future! :p

I'm not sure if you can flash the older version on top of ICS or not and whether it'd work. I'd wait til we have an ICS FXZ to try it though. The security won't prevent it, but, I don't know if it'll work.

Sam as I said for Sarge. People are generally stupid/ lack common sense. or in his case is self entitled and doesnt understand the work you have put into HoB

Yea I genuinely don't care. People can do or think what they won't. It's not going to change me one bit. I still support the community regardless. But if I have to keep saying the same damn thing over and over again and still not have people comprehend it, you're going to see me lose my patience. And I really don't care what people feel about it. If they're offended by my tone, put me on ignore, delete my files from your computer, and get over it. I really don't care one way or another.

I uninstalled safestrap and deleted the safestrap folders, but should i delete the stuff inside my presinstall before using HoB?

I like and use the webtop 3.0. But it I'm looking into Ubuntu for Android Ubuntu for Android | Ubuntu. There are a couple Linux / android builds, but I'm holding out for a version that used the HDMI.

I would be all over that if it were available, but from what I've read they have decided to market it to manufacturers rather than end-users. Meaning it will be baked into future phones by manufacturers they partner with. I wouldn't hold my breath for a version that will work with the Bionic or any other current phone, sadly.

I uninstalled safestrap and deleted the safestrap folders, but should i delete the stuff inside my presinstall before using HoB?

Not necessary. The HoB will flash preinstall from 905 and it'll overwrite any mods you make to it.

When you read the HoB FAQ, did it say anywhere "delete the stuff inside your preinstall folder before using HoB"? (you DID read the entire FAQ, right?)

When you read the HoB FAQ, did it say anywhere "delete the stuff inside your preinstall folder before using HoB"? (you DID read the entire FAQ, right?)

I need to find John Galt. I need him to brick his phone trying something crazy and stupid.

Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people who ask them!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back