windows 7 x64 wont recognize device

Shubox

Reaction score
Called HTC Support he had me download the newest Sync I told him oh 70 meg file only will take me 30 seconds well he ended the call in a hurry and for good reason. THAT DIDNT WORK lol. Anyone get this to sync to PC yet?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yeah,connect and set phone to interneet connection option and it will connect and download drivers and install them. how i got mine working.

DeadMc

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my Win7/64b. Wasn't able to get it working at all, although I think the problem was that I used the installer that pops up when you first plug the phone in (some Verizon driver maybe?).

I installed HTC Sync on a 32-bit Win7 system and cancelled the installer that pops up from autorun, and let it use the drivers in the .5511 build of HTC Sync instead. Worked like a champ, but I can't say for sure if it's a windows problem or something with the Verizon installer...

ca_nimrod

Reaction score
I am having the same issues with Win 7 x64. it won't recognize my phone. I can set it up as a drive and move music file sover, and such, but the automatic sync isn't happening.

HTC Sync recognizes the phone for a second or two, and then disconnects it. I have tried to set it up using the "Internet Connection" option and that didn't seem to do anything either. I will keep trying unless there are other suggestions.

Thanks!

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't have an HTC but I know enough about windows driver configuration. Can you link me to the drivers? There are alternate ways to go about installing drivers that mike work, like pointing the specific devices to the .inf files. If the driver package also has software associated with it, you could try installing it in xp sp3 compatibility mode, that might work. I have other ideas as well.... but would need to look at the driver package first..

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
S

Shubox

Reaction score
I fixed it by taking the phone back to Verizon and exchanging for a new one. I don't know what the problem was but this one has no issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

blackhole2211

Reaction score
just went to hts's web site and downloaded the htc sybc program. on my windows 7 64bit machine it workrd perfectly. this file was 73mb in size.