Motorola Communication Interface driver wont install on windows 7 x64

jkcsho

Reaction score
First off, I've done all the usual stuff. Install drivers, reboot both devices (multiple times), un-install and re install drivers. Im on Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. When I plug in the device everything will install except "Motorola Communication Interface". Under device manager/unknown/motorola communication interface/properties under the general tab in the device status window it says, "Reinstall the drivers for this device. (Code 18). To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver." Under the driver tab it shows the provider as motorola ver. 5.0.0.0. Any help would be appreciated. I have repeated this process several times already with the same result.Because of this I cannot get radiocomm to communicate with the phone. PdaNet also wont work.:mad:

Last edited:

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Could your antivirus maybe be blocking the install?
I use win7x64 as well and never have any issues but then again i dont run av as well

OP
J

jkcsho

Reaction score
I use AVG. Ill try tonight when I get home.

OP
J

jkcsho

Reaction score
same result. gonna try re-loading the pc now. all i know left to do...:disappointed:

OP
J

jkcsho

Reaction score
Still dont know what I done. After re-loading my pc it worked just fine. Also it just wasnt my D3. It would also do the same on my D4 and Xoom. Had to be something corrupted....