Will you return the nexus if the signal is not fixed?

doublea500

Reaction score
Personally i chose yes. if it is not fixed by january 10th (leaving 5 days), i will return the galaxy nexus. I love the phone, i love the dev support, i love the screen, the speed, the rooting experience, everything.... but i do not want to be worrying about data every time i turn my phone on for the next two years.

The vzw crap where they will just make the bars show better results without doing anything is unacceptable and makes me think that it is a hardware problem that they are not fixing.

And dont say there are no data problems because there is. I live in a 4g area. my droid 1 always had 3g in my house. so why is it that my galaxy nexus not only has 4g les then half the time, but cant keep a good 3g connection. if i dont have 4g, im at 1-2 bars with 3g or no data at all, which is just ridiculous.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
i have no signal issues, so no, i definitely wont be returning my Galaxy Nexus.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I don't like the fact that the update that they will be rolling out is nothing more than a placebo. Not a true fix. The GN is leaving me hanging on a daily basis and I don't like it.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
To me this is a test to see how fast the gnex actually gets an update, the only reason I answer no is that the 15th will be too late for me to return it so I will be stuck with it and a 2 year contract. The only reason I stuck with vzw was because of the nexus and I finally found a rep that kept their word and actually assisted me rather than acting like a total douchebag.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The vzw crap where they will just make the bars show better results without doing anything is unacceptable and makes me think that it is a hardware problem that they are not fixing..

This is how the rest of Verizon's phones already show signal strength, the Nexus was the first one to show an accurate signal. Apple did the same thing with the 3GS.

Sorry you have data/signal issues, but there are tons of us who don't. Remember, people who aren't having issues aren't going to come to the forums to complain when they don't have the problem, only the people who are having issues have a voice here.

So I don't need a signal fix, as long as the phone stays the same as it is now I'll keep it.

hydro556

Reaction score
So far, my Nex has had zero issues, so I wont be returning it

But, if I owned any phone that had issues with signal making it unreliable, as a phone, I assure you I'd return it.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's my take.

A lot of people coming from a 3g phone will be complaining. Both of the 4g phones I've owned have occasional data sputtering. Its 4g lte technology.... its fairly new still.

Also there was a nationwide outrage yesterday.

I won't return mine because its still new and I've been through fixes with the tbolt and still love that phone too. There is a lot ahead for this phone ...and I can't wait to see what comes of it when cm9 is stable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

hydro556

Reaction score
To me this is a test to see how fast the gnex actually gets an update, the only reason I answer no is that the 15th will be too late for me to return it so I will be stuck with it and a 2 year contract. The only reason I stuck with vzw was because of the nexus and I finally found a rep that kept their word and actually assisted me rather than acting like a total douchebag.

Regardless of when your trial period is up, if there were fundamental flaws with the device that didnt allow it to function as intended you could get it corrected/swapped as a warranty issue.

That said, anyone who thinks that Google would allow a Nexus device to suffer critical flaws is crazy. It is the only Google device currently available. They will make it perform at a high level, period, in my opinion.

sonnydroid

Reaction score
I have no signal problems. I'm in the SF Bay Area and I get signal everywhere. Everywhere I've been so far at least.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
The phone is sitting on the table next to a OG Droid right now and the OG Droid has a better signal by 1dB . In the last week I was able to listen without interruptions to Pandora while traveling, except this morning when we had the nationwide outage. I'm failing to see where the signal problem is.

rasaun87

Reaction score
you guys do know that there were 2 outages since the nexus came out... no changing anything here... unless you getting a rezound, you gonna have the same problem buddy

sent from my bio... err rezo... err Galaxy Nexus. using vanilla android.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone is sitting on the table next to a OG Droid right now and the OG Droid has a better signal by 1dB . In the last week I was able to listen without interruptions to Pandora while traveling, except this morning when we had the nationwide outage. I'm failing to see where the signal problem is.

Just tested myself, since I keep wondering why I don't have the issues either.

I set my Nexus to 3g only and then I set it beside my Original Droid which was at -81dBm, the Nexus with 3G forced on was -83dBm.

Set the Nexus back to 4G and let it sit for a little and it was at -89, -92, -91 while I watched it.

One thing I did notice was when I forced it to 3G I had to hit airplane mode to get data back. So maybe people are having the same problem other 4G phones have when transitioning from 4G down to 3G.

If that's the problem people are having, then it's network related, we know this because every 4G phone released on Verizon has this issue, it's well documented. I think that issue + the 2 4G outages Verizon has had since the Nexus' release is giving this false sense that there are signal issues.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the responses guys. Im unsure if its vzws fault or my phone but I'll wait a few days to see what's happening to the data. I haven't thought about the fact that in can always return it from the warranty

Dmyers557

Reaction score
I don't have any signal issues either. I'm gonna stay with it. Love this thing