Will VZW support send you 5.9.901 if you ask?

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
I've heard various rumors inside various posts across various forums regarding people who called into VZW support and, somehow, got the tech support representative to send them the 5.9.901 update.

Can anyone independently vouch for doing this successfully? If so, can you please offer us what you said when you called, and any other information that may be pertinent to helping us convince the VZW support rep that we are "worthy" of this update?

Batman8

Reaction score
I've talked to Verizon tech support people millions of times over the last 21 years that I've been a Verizon customer, and I have NEVER heard of a circumstance where a technician actually pushed out a software update directly to a customer (especially a newly released update). In fact, I have tried it with both Verizon AND Motorola and no one seems to ever know any details about updates and surely didn't have the control nor authority to give customers software updates directly.

The other day I couldn't even get Motorola to tell me the pricing on THEIR OWN PRODUCTS or where I could go to buy them...pretty pathetic if you ask me...and what a way for a company to loose out on sales!!

Therefore, I'm not saying that this is impossible or that it didn't happen...but I find it extremely hard to believe, based on my experiences is all I AM saying. So "good luck", and if you find a way to get this miracle to happen please explain how as the other poster has asked...I would love to be proven wrong on this one and get the update early as well. I sure could use it also since my Bionic has been much worst since the .893 update!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What app did you use to get this screen shot and post it. That's one thing I haven't done yet but would like to. Thanks!

There are several screen shot apps if you're rooted. If you're not rooted, there's a free app called Screen Grabber that should do the job. You long press on Search (or shake) to take the picture. If you aren't rooted you have to uncheck "Requires root access" in Advance Options.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
No they won't. All they'll tell you is how to get to the System Update option in the settings.