Will Verizon send me back my previously Rooted phone?

SupremePeter

Reaction score
Today I got my replacement bionic from Verizon since my old one was having 4g issues and I sent my old one back. Problem is that it was rooted before and I just found out that ICS had a root checker on it to see if it was ever rooted. My phone was unrooted and factory reset when I sent it in, so what's gonna happen now? Are they just going to overlook it? Or are they going to send it back, or charge me full retail for my replacement phone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know. They may not notice or not care or send you a bill.

That being said, I've never rooted my Bionic and I got it on September 12th, 2011. The Root Checker says I'm currently rooted and the Root Checker app says I'm not. The checker seems to have a bug.

huff825

Reaction score
Did the same as you, never heard a thing about it. I've not heard of any rejected phone due to rooting, only water damage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

huff825

Reaction score
And yes, it appears a lot of Bionics are showing 1/1, even though they have never been rooted. Appears the root check feature is not working correctly on the bionic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

SupremePeter

Reaction score
Ooh okay then, thank you very much! I was getting a bit worried and I've been wanting to re root and flash a rom on my replacement phone, I just couldn't do it yet cause I was worried if I would have to send it back lol

huff825

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention, if you pop over to Motorola Forums, you'll find many unrooted Bionic owners reporting 1/1 after ics.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

andlamv

Reaction score
Let us know what happened