Alright techies, I've got a challenge for you...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you can figure out a way to flash this...it should delte Superuser from system/app

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can figure out a way to flash this...it should delte Superuser from system/app

Lol cool that's where I was sending them..lol awesome Mbk!! Thanks for the support brother..

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I know there is a YouTube video that will walk you through the steps...Look on unroot DROID bionic. You'll find the Razr and bionic are quite similar so I'm not sure which one it was but pretty sure it was the bionic so it may be much easier to see it as well as get the files you need. And as for the post stating not to worry about the device being rooted since its a hardware issue? I can't tell you you'll be popped by the tech but nor can I guarantee that they won't take notice or action so before you take it back, its ( in my opinion) to your best interest to unroot regardless if the issue is under warranty or not. But that's me....

But see, the phone isn't rooted, no rooted apps work with the phone and root checker says it's not rooted. I just can't get rid of Superuser. This isn't an unknown problem, it's just every solution requires you to be plugged in. I assume not, but theres no way to put those files on an SD card and flash it from there?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
But see, the phone isn't rooted, no rooted apps work with the phone and root checker says it's not rooted. I just can't get rid of Superuser. This isn't an unknown problem, it's just every solution requires you to be plugged in. I assume not, but theres no way to put those files on an SD card and flash it from there?

I may be off base but I think only signed ROMs can be flashed from the SD card. Since Motorola hasn't issued a signed ROM for the RAZR which will do a full reset, the only way is to flash Fastboot from AP recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

They cannot be flashed via stock recovery...you need to reroot just enough to remove Superuser with my zip via CWM or using terminal.... then you can remove whatevcer you did to get you to where you are now...

Also, you can simply insert your microSD card into your PC's cardreader and move files to it thru that method...

Alternative is to just send it back with Superuser still in the app drawer and take the chance that VZW probably couldn't care less...

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
They cannot be flashed via stock recovery...you need to reroot just enough to remove Superuser with my zip via CWM or using terminal.... then you can remove whatevcer you did to get you to where you are now...

Also, you can simply insert your microSD card into your PC's cardreader and move files to it thru that method...

Alternative is to just send it back with Superuser still in the app drawer and take the chance that VZW probably couldn't care less...

So I'd put the files of that zip or the zip itself on an sd card? Then put it in the phone and apply update from sd card or something?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I'd put the files of that zip or the zip itself on an sd card? Then put it in the phone and apply update from sd card or something?

But you'd need to replace the xbin and bin files...busybox and su iir... superuser should still work hopefully after replacing those... because this update.zip cannot be flashed from stock recovery, signature error will cause it to fail... so bionic bootstrap/CWM or terminal would need to be used to remove Superuser.apk,
...........suggestions are just my guess since I don't remember anyone being in this situation before...

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I think that some if the previous posters were on the right track but were not clear on how to get to stock recovery.
To get into stock recovery power off your phone, after phone is off hold down power and volume down at the same time. This will bring up a bootloader menu. It is important to remember that the power button selects you option. Go to stock recovery and them wipe data and cache. Hell wipe everything that can be wiped. This may or may not do the trick.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That will not remove Superuser

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think that some if the previous posters were on the right track but were not clear on how to get to stock recovery.
To get into stock recovery power off your phone, after phone is off hold down power and volume down at the same time. This will bring up a bootloader menu. It is important to remember that the power button selects you option. Go to stock recovery and them wipe data and cache. Hell wipe everything that can be wiped. This may or may not do the trick.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yes..he has already done this to no end.. According to the posts above.:)

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Thanks for your wise words of encouragement bd.

I've been offered a few other solutions I'm going to try right now, I'll let you guys know if/what worked/didn't work.

Reaction score
I am a little confused here. If the phone is not rooted but only super user remains why can you not return the phone to get it fixed anyways. Root is not required to install superuser. It is only required for it to work. My phone is not rooted but I just downloaded and installed superuser and then uninstalled it. If they ask why it is on your phone you simply say that you saw it in the market and were curious.

Also the insurance process is not very thorough. You tell them the extent of the problem and they decide then if it will be covered by insurance. This is not handled by Verizon but by Asurion. As long as they get money they will send you a refurbished phone.

If I am off somehow here. Please let me know.

Last edited:
OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well to clear up any confusion, like I said that's obviously part of the dilemma here. You're right, I could send it in, and if they ask I could say that. But for all I know they have other ways to tell that it was previously rooted and will turn it around on me. It's a 99.99% chance they won't say anything and I won't be charged a dime, but I didn't see the harm in asking for others who might come across this problem, to assist in future google searches.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would test some of the theories for you as well but I'm in the middle of something and can't muster up the desire to screw my Bionic up on purpose to test things...lol...
Anyways, I think installing BustyBox again might be worth a shot to gain root just long enough to run the script to delete SuperUser... I gather you've used Bootstrap? to get into ClockworkMod recovery?, if not, there is a terminal script written by a member at XDA that would work ... let me know if you'd like to try or did try...