Alright now I'm really screwed...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So I'm trying to unroot my phone, and good lord what a task this is turning out to be! I might not ever perma-root a phone again.

So I found a few available methods to unroot, however NOW my phone isn't being recognized by my PC. Everytime I try it says "USB Device Not Recognized." Worked just fine a few days ago. Only change is I've been using a different charger the past few days.

Anyways, I can't use ANY of these methods I searched relentlessly to find because I can't connect my damn phone. I need to send it back. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Bionic...you've broken my heart :icon_ cry:

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Hey, just get ota rootkeeper and backup your root then unroot and do whatever and go restore in ota.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So you tried hooking up your bionic to your PC in fastboot

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
^^I had my Bionic connected when I did the Fastboot but didn't really know where to go from there...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried flashing fasboot file with rsd lite from a pc, running as administrator?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Can't say I have seeing as how I only really understand about half of that...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can't say I have seeing as how I only really understand about half of that...
lol.....so I thought I seen you post in the. 5.5.893 FXZ thread?.....

Read that

Then all you have to do is run the XML in RSDLite and it will take you to stock 'unrooted 5.5.893

Last edited:
OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Right, but wouldn't I need to connect to my PC to do that?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Right, but wouldn't I need to connect to my PC to do that?

That's why I asked if you tried while in fastboot menu...if you still recieve the USB device bnot recognized, then tell me if you have an error in your fastboot menu...(ie; Flash Failure or Invalid CDT)...if not then try reinstalling your Motorola USB driver

z06mike

Reaction score
Are you familiar with using fastboot/adb? Does your computer recognize the phone when booted into fastboot?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Mike8016

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I was trying to root. Just switch computers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
It's times like these I wish I had 2 computers.

But no, I'm not familiar with fastboot or ADB. I have a slight understanding of what they are, but not so much what to do with them. Sorry I'm noob, but I truly appreciate the help.

Mbk, what I meant with my post was I hit the "power button + volume down" and plugged the cable in, but nothing changed, and I had no clue what to do from there. Apologies but I don't really know what you mean. I had also already installed/re-installed the drivers several times. It's just so weird because it was working fine maybe 3 days ago...started pretty much right after I factory reset to get the .902 OTA.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's times like these I wish I had 2 computers.

But no, I'm not familiar with fastboot or ADB. I have a slight understanding of what they are, but not so much what to do with them. Sorry I'm noob, but I truly appreciate the help.

Mbk, what I meant with my post was I hit the "power button + volume down" and plugged the cable in, but nothing changed, and I had no clue what to do from there. Apologies but I don't really know what you mean. I had also already installed/re-installed the drivers several times. It's just so weird because it was working fine maybe 3 days ago...started pretty much right after I factory reset to get the .902 OTA.

Download RSDLite from the other thread (5.5.893 FXZ thread)...as well as the 5.5.893 FXZ from that thread ....

Install RSDLite, unzip the FXZ zip file...

Launch RSDLite, hook up your Bionic while in fastbbot menu ( make sure it states OK to Program on your Bionic's fastboot menu)...

RSDLite should now say connected...if not then you will need to sort out the driver issue, if it says connected then proceed to next step...

On the top of RSDLite, next to the start button, browse you computer to the XML in the FXZ unzipped folder...

Press start and let it finish all steps.....it should flash and reboot your Bionic to the Android Welcome screen...

If all goes well then you should be on stock 5.5.893, unrooted... from there you can accept the 5.9.902 OTA if you'd like

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I see what you're saying now, then I guess it is a driver issue, which is what I suspected originally. However I can't figure out how to remedy it. I've re-installed every old driver and installed the newest one (v.5.2.1 right?), but at the fastboot menu it just says "Ok to connect data cable," even with it plugged in.