Will the Verizon warranty cover this?

RT55

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has this same issue with their Droid. The back of the phone that slides out is peeling. The film has come off and looks jagged and just hanging in the middle. I didn't do anything to it. Maybe the friction of sliding they keyboard caused it to peel. It looks really bad. I wonder if the warranty covers that?

J

Johnly

It is packaging material, just take it off. You can cut a sticker to fit on it if you don't like the metal on metal. Nothing to worry about as your droid will function without it.

RoLa

Reaction score
Yeah I took mine off as well, now it slides open quite nice:)

get quad

Reaction score
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for someone coming into a Verizon store wanting the shipping plastic replaced as a warranty claim :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As others have said, it's shipping plastic.
Believe it or not there was a huge debate over this when the Droid was first launched.... whether or not to remove it. LOL

Papachabre

Reaction score
Oh my god I had no idea that was packaging plastic until I read this thread :icon_eek:. The keyboard slides out a bit more smoothly now - thanks guys!

smrivera80

Reaction score
What an idiot I am! Did not know that was removable at all! Just peeled it off, and it looks better and slides better! Duh!

:rating10: