Plastic Film behind screen

awong2683

Reaction score
I had to peel off the clear film that "was" stuck in back of the main screen in between the two sliding pieces of the phone. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know if the film is "important" enough to warrant going back to Verizon and getting a new phone?

Thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hi awong......

To answer your question some people have opted to remove the film without degrading the operation of the sliding mechanism so you should be fine.

stdesign

Reaction score
There were a couple of threads on here somewhere, where some people not only removed the factory film behind the screen, but replaced it with graphics stickers of their choosing (me included). No problems at all, and my phone looks cooler than ever. Do a search for "stickers" if you're interested.

RoLa

Reaction score
I had to peel off the clear film that "was" stuck in back of the main screen in between the two sliding pieces of the phone. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know if the film is "important" enough to warrant going back to Verizon and getting a new phone?

Thanks
I took mine off and love the way it feels when I slide this bad boy open! But I freakin just flashed the.sbf file so what do I know:icon_ devil:

demon69120

Reaction score
I'd just keep it on. The slider being crisp and nice is my OCD issue... I hate it being the slighest loose. Down the rode when the slider isn't as... orgasmic, just take it off and then there will be a more stable click open.

jozhua

Reaction score
Mine started coming off... I said screw it and went ahead & peeled it. The phone still works!