Letters falling off on droid keyboard

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
I just got my droid replacement yesterday after my first one had dust under the screen. I noticed that my new droid was perfect except for the keyboard. At first I thought it would be better since it didn't look as flat. Oh how was I wrong. whenver I slide my fingers to the next letter on the top row, sometimes my finger will catch the edge of the key and it slows peels off. My "I" key is just about to fall off and now I have to get another new droid... I've had this one for 1 day... Has anyone else had this problem.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
First time i have heard of this. Was this an in-store exchange or by 611?

conman50

Reaction score
i got a brand new droid today from the Verizon store, and i cant add contacts....cheap made in China POS:mad::cus:

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
I just got my droid replacement yesterday after my first one had dust under the screen. I noticed that my new droid was perfect except for the keyboard. At first I thought it would be better since it didn't look as flat. Oh how was I wrong. whenver I slide my fingers to the next letter on the top row, sometimes my finger will catch the edge of the key and it slows peels off. My "I" key is just about to fall off and now I have to get another new droid... I've had this one for 1 day... Has anyone else had this problem.

big flava flav WOW!!!!! id like to see a picture of that. first i ever heard of this happening.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read these threads too much. Someone posted a while back that part of the corner of a letter was coming up and he superglued it back down and it worked...

cyclegrrl

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing with multiple keys... the corners catch while typing. I just got this phone through an exchange and when I took it in to Verizon they said they had no record of the issue and that there was nothing they could do. Any suggestions?? Seems like total BS as my first one had a perfect keyboard, just a faulty headphone jack.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Is there a new model now? My keyboard is just a flat piece of plastic, essentially one big key, not individual ones.

cyclegrrl

Reaction score
I'm thinking there is something different for sure as my first Droid's keyboard was alot nicer than this one. Guess I will just have to go and make a mess at the store... I hate doing that.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
On very close examination, my phone appears to have one large key, just as kristoff's...

This particular phone is only 45ish days old.

xBryant420x

Reaction score
Yeah the plastic on the side of my is starting to come off. Its the whole plastic piece where you plug the phone in. Its a replacement phone too. My first was way nicer.