Will Rooting of the Photon help with Bionic upon release?

Xerrus

Reaction score
Saw that the good folks over at XDA have pulled off root on the Photon.

http://m.androidcentral.com/motorol...mpaign=Feed:+androidcentral+(Android+Central)

I hear everyone saying how similar the Bionic will be to the Photon, thus does that mean root will be easy to make happen upon the Bionic's release since the Photon has been cracked? Not sure whas os version the Photon is rocking, if they differ I'm sure that will cause the exploit to be null.

Thoughts?

sent from my Droid Charge

Reaction score
I would more or less look to the atrix for the bionics root. But as of right now Im looking for the droid.3 root

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing earlier today. What a weird way to obtain root though. Requires a some extra hardware. It it comes to something like this with the bionic maybe I could buy the dock and then return it. Hopefully a better way will evolve from this and will help the bionic out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Xerrus

Xerrus

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing earlier today. What a weird way to obtain root though. Requires a some extra hardware. It it comes to something like this with the bionic maybe I could buy the dock and then return it. Hopefully a better way will evolve from this and will help the bionic out.

I've no doubts this method will only lead to more techniques. But early adopters who crave getting their root on will do whatever it takes!

sent from my Droid Charge

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Do you actually need the dock or just the cable to plug it in to the tv & put it into webtop via the application on the phone.

Not having ever seen or read how the webtop application works just a thought.

wseyller

Reaction score

Do you actually need the dock or just the cable to plug it in to the tv & put it into webtop via the application on the phone.

Not having ever seen or read how the webtop application works just a thought.

I don't know much about it either the creator of the process claims that need you need the $100 dock which is supposed to come with a cable http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho.../accessory_detail.jsp?accessorySkuId=57600043 and you actually need connection to a tv or monitor with hdmi connection.