Locked Bootloader on 4G devices illegal?

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
So, do all VZW 4G devices use Block C frequencies? HTC does provide bootloader unlockers but it voids your warranty (total BS).

OP
N

nicelysedated

Reaction score
They do. VZW does some pretty liberal interpretation of the laws to circumnavigate these rules. I figure if enough peope file complaints maybe, just maybe, something will come of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ripper2860

Reaction score
I believe HTC states it CAN / MAY void your warranty. As it should for software related support issues. Hardware issues are another matter unless they can prove that a OS or software mod contributed to the hardware failure (i.e. overclocking, over-volting, etc.).

At least they are giving folks a choice. Moto gives you no choice and can still void your warranty for using a ROM, Rooting or flashing an unofficial OTA.

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Off topic, voiding the warranty for software issues is fine by me, but having the whole warranty nulled by rooting is BS. Most of the problems I may get are easily fixable via SBFing. But if a hardware button breaks, or the screen stops working, or something burns out NOT due to overclocking, say the audio chip or the radio, that should still be applicable.