Bionic pushed back?

sk102704

Reaction score
Android Central updated their story. The screen shot was from Sam's Club, not Costco. Don't know if this changes anything

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
I will flip the $#%& out..... Bought omni 2 to lock my wireless plan and I despise this piece of trash

corymcnutt

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if there are any leaks from the Verizon testers this coming Mon-Wed. I didn't expect much this weekend, but this upcoming week should be interesting - hopefully!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I think a lot of us seek that instant gratification. We want things when we want them, not later. The only real news I've seen on the Bionic release date was something saying it would be released this summer. The rest is rumors we've all scrounged up from here and here. No sense jumping up and down screaming for something that isn't ready. I've waited this long. Whatever my next phone happens to be, and I think its gonna be the Bionic, I want to have as few hassles using it as possible. And just because one store has one roll-out date doesn't mean that is the release date for all stores, does it?
Instant gratification? There is plenty of people holding out on their upgrades for THIS phone. If I wanted instant gratification I could have gotten the Thunderbolt, I have had my upgrade since February.

If its something worth having, than its worth waiting for.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
But this news does not mean that it will affect the Verizon Release.. Although I do not think it will be the 4th. I still think that it will be released in Mid to late August!!!

Apollox1965

Reaction score
if the bionic is going to be the flagship phone for verizon and due out aug 4, i would think there would be a lot of hyped advertising 10 days before its launch

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I think a lot of us seek that instant gratification. We want things when we want them, not later. The only real news I've seen on the Bionic release date was something saying it would be released this summer. The rest is rumors we've all scrounged up from here and here. No sense jumping up and down screaming for something that isn't ready. I've waited this long. Whatever my next phone happens to be, and I think its gonna be the Bionic, I want to have as few hassles using it as possible. And just because one store has one roll-out date doesn't mean that is the release date for all stores, does it?
Instant gratification? There is plenty of people holding out on their upgrades for THIS phone. If I wanted instant gratification I could have gotten the Thunderbolt, I have had my upgrade since February.

Yep.

I stepped on my OG Droid 3 weeks ago with a HOCKEY SKATE and now have a horribly cracked screen. I was going to go Droid 3 but heard about the Bionic and I'm not going to get a lesser phone just to get a phone.

Bionic is pretty much pushing "a need" for me because I don't know how much longer the OG Droid is going to hold up.

Khrysys

Reaction score

(Lurker, non poster).

I fully agree. My Storm2 is basically a paperweight, but I'm holding out as well.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say it's a bit dissapointing to see this. Although everyone's correct that we've not received a release date, it's just such a bummer to see things not progressing. Push backs after push backs is just a sad thing. I've had my original droid so long now my case is starting to pop off randomly. 2 years is long enough.

Nimazahir

Reaction score
So everyone knows about the twitter page mdb228 and how it is saying it will come out on Aug 4th(if the numbers are meant to be seconds).
I heard someone talking about this being from the Terminator and in Terminator 2 the system(skynet) goes online on Aug. 4th. There was a quote that said the bionic had a virus gained self awareness(joke) and in Terminator 2 the robot gains self awarness. Also Terminator 2 has a lot of T- numbers(idk what they mean) but the page said T minus 1,166,400(focus on the t minus).

Any thoughts b/c I may be completely wrong on everything?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we've agreed the twitter page is a hoax.

The mind often sees what it wants to see.

Nimazahir

Reaction score
I think we've agreed the twitter page is a hoax.

The mind often sees what it wants to see.

True, I really hate how Motorola doesn't tell us ****, do they want to lose customers? These delays are also really annoying, if this phone comes past mid-september I am going to wait for the Dinara or iphone 5.

DC4MVP

Reaction score
So everyone knows about the twitter page mdb228 and how it is saying it will come out on Aug 4th(if the numbers are meant to be seconds).
I heard someone talking about this being from the Terminator and in Terminator 2 the system(skynet) goes online on Aug. 4th. There was a quote that said the bionic had a virus gained self awareness(joke) and in Terminator 2 the robot gains self awarness. Also Terminator 2 has a lot of T- numbers(idk what they mean) but the page said T minus 1,166,400(focus on the t minus).

Any thoughts b/c I may be completely wrong on everything?

T-Minus has NOTHING to do with the Terminator series. Obviously it's been used for a long time with the "T" meaning "time" so it's essentially Time Minus, a countdown method.

And Skynet became self-aware July 25, 2004 in T3.

Don't look too hard into it.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
LOL @ a lot of T-numbers, and focus on the t-minus :-D

*customized tapatalk signature*