will nandroid back up take me back to rooted if i used unrooted backup

geronimogman

Reaction score
so i did a nandroid backup when my phone was stock 2.1 and then applied roms and froyo and all that good stuff but then i wanted to take it back to stock so i just applied the unrooted backup, the question im having is if i want to go back to root...do i just apply the backup i made when i was on froyo and will that take me back to root?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you still have sprecovery image (or the one u made your nandroid back up with) then yes.

OP
G

geronimogman

Reaction score
what if i just run a froyo rom over the current stock one i have now? and just wipe data and cache do u think that would be ok?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you run the froyo rom in the "even more froyo" thread you will be rooted. But being rooted does not mean a thing (unless you going to take your device to vzw). I am rooted and am running the stock rom. So my phone is basically stock except for an o/c kernel.
But if you are concerned about being rooted and you device going to vzw then you might want to wait for the official version. But if you have sprecovery you can not take you phone to vzw any way because the sprecovery is not the stock image. Plus if you have the latest sprecovery the official ota will fail to install. So you have two choices; remove sprecovery and just go 100% in compliance with vzw by waiting for their ota, or you can install the one that is in the thread "even more froyo".

OP
G

geronimogman

Reaction score
the whole reason i wanted to go back was because my movies dont play on the 2.2 movie player for some reason even tho they played perfectly fine on the 2.1 movie player..this has been murdering me..but now im searching the net for the stock 2.1 apk and just install it over this one..u think that would work?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its worth a try....if it does you will have a solution for everyone.

OP
G

geronimogman

Reaction score
do u suffer from the same problem? and im figuring someone with a rooted stock 2.1 app can just post it for us and its a done deal