Can my backup unroot me?

Reaction score
Ok, so right after I updated to for FR01B, I made a backup with clockworkmod. Then I installed a rooted version of FRO22D by MeticOne.

My question is, if I restore the ROM (my first backup) that was unrooted, will my phone go back to stock and no longer be rooted, and be safe to send back to VZW?

Troops2990

Reaction score
I think if your backup is an unrooted version then once restored, your phone will be unrooted. Sorry if im wrong.

harrellj

Reaction score
However, if you anything with nandroid is using a custom recovery, not the stock recovery. If you're sending it back to verizon, the safest method is to follow the unroot steps on the forums.

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
If I do a factory reset, will it wipe everything and take me back to 2.01? Or with it just wipe everything and still keep me with the unrooted version of froyo?

drpaul07

Reaction score
you can restore an unrooted rom, but the custom recovery (clockwork or sprecovery) will still be there (cuz it was used to make the backup in the first place) :)

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
But then couldn't I reinstall Rom manager and delete all my backups, and then delete Rom manager?