Will 2.2 fix the Launcher Restarting bug?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
PLEASE tell me it is so! I am tired of the launcher restarting everytime I use a memory heavy app like the browser.

I only have 5 widgets on the stock Home Launcher. I dumped the excellent Launcher Pro app because of this but the home launcher does it as well... sick of this! Hope 2.2 fixes this bug as 2.1 fixed my random rebooting issue (mostly).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I only have 5 widgets on the stock Home Launcher. I dumped the excellent Launcher Pro app because of this but the home launcher does it as well... sick of this! Hope 2.2 fixes this bug as 2.1 fixed my random rebooting issue (mostly).

Well, for most of us rooted users, the problem STARTED with 2.2!

I've tried every fix out there suggested, and while some may offer marginal improvements nothing has solved it.

I can't imagine Google releasing Froyo to the masses with this issue (and make no mistake, they leak pre-releases precisely to get free beta testing from the rooters). It's the sort of thing that can destroy months of success building up the platform.

Haven't tried the latest Froyo leak (which I believe is basically what will be mass distributed this week). I'll be shocked and very disappointed if this continues to be a problem.

On the other hand, since it seems to be affecting all launchers on all roms and kernels, it's very likely the issue is the launcher developers need to make some changes to play nicely with Froyo.