I want 100-150 apps. But.... (SD Card / 2.2)

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I have 2.1 on my Moto DROID. I had up to 110 apps. I am an app and widget whore. I admit it.

However, I have scaled my apps down to 75 or so and have less than 10 widgets on my Launcher Pro (5 home screens). I did this all to stop the home screen icons from constantly dissapearing and to stop the force closes and the lagging.

However, when I get 2.2, can move the majority to my SD Card? And if I can, then I can get most of the apps I want back. Yes, I use most of them believe it or not! And I just like to have options. Multiple News apps, radio apps, sports apps, "fun" apps, etc.

With 2.2 supposedly improving the phone speed and let's say I have 100 + apps (but the large one--and as many as I can are moved to the SD Card)--will my Droid be able to handle this???

I am waiting to upgrade this winter to the DROID Pro or whatever has lots of RAM and and loads of internal memory so that I can actually use my phone the way I want it! Widgets and apps all over the place!

Taegost

Reaction score
Moving the apps to the SD Card won't help that issue, it's a RAM issue, not storage...
It's basically swapping the launcher out of memory to run something else, so it has to reload. There are two threads about it from the last two days, but I'm not going to yell at you about searching because I think your search wouldn't have found anything useful based on your description :)
I'll find the link here in a sec.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/50587-there-app-allow-keeping-launcher-memory-froyo-2-2-a.html

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
You know what? Launcher Pro had an update today that allows the Launcher to "stay in memory" when memory is running low. This seems this will fix the issues then? That is kind of what that other thread is talking about too?

"It's basically swapping the launcher out of memory to run something else, so it has to reload." This might be the best description/reason I have heard yet of the home icons disappearing.

Can I download tons of apps and not have a low memory problem them?

Which Android phone currently has the highest memory or RAM? Just curious.