Wifi

vandypaul

Reaction score
I continue to be frustrated with wifi performance of this phone. It's so bad I will probably give up after 6 mo of it not working when I need it. My question for those who have updated to 2.2 see any improvements? I know I'm not alone on this problem. Thanks

SGTiger

Reaction score
I continue to be frustrated with wifi performance of this phone. It's so bad I will probably give up after 6 mo of it not working when I need it. My question for those who have updated to 2.2 see any improvements? I know I'm not alone on this problem. Thanks

I haven't seen any problems with Wifi on both 2.1 and 2.2. I use it frequently to transfer large files. Do you have a strong Wifi signal?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
how close are you to the router? are you using public or home wifi?

I never had a problem with wifi at my home, my work, my school, and even some other public places.

Try a factory reset.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with my Wifi either. What sort of setup are you running? Has it never performed well?

OP
V

vandypaul

Reaction score
Works well at home. Mcdonalds -some. Motels zilch even when the meter shows strong. Airports never even tho meter shows strong. Biggest complaint is out of country with no Verizon sig but available wifi with strong signal.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a mixed bag for me with WiFi. I have none at home, but when I had access to a private network it was great. I've found that some "free" WiFi in public places seem to be crippled. At McDonalds, for example, I can't access the Market. At Borders, I can't access Amazon or Shop Savvy. While those I can understand, but I also can't access Speed Test or Bettr Flickr.

HCdroid

Reaction score
I'm on wi-fi on a daily basis for hours on end...shoot me a pm with your router info to see if I can help you out.

Sent from my Droid

lafos

Reaction score
I just went on a trip, and the hotels I stayed in had free wifi. The two that were not secured but had a login "Accept terms" screen could not be used with my Droid, but I had no trouble with a Touch or my laptop. The Droid would not bring up the terms screen, so the wifi would not work. If there was no terms screen, or if the hotel used WEP, I had no trouble.

Can anyone offer words of wisdom to a newbie?

kylo77

Reaction score
My wifi on 2.2 (BB Froyo v0.1) doesn't work either. Went back to BB 1.1 and wifi works fine. I have a home wifi network with excellent signal and security. If anyone has any comments here it would be appreciated.

thanks

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
same here im on wifi pretty much all the time an have never run into an issue from home, work, hotels, the marina, airports, coffee shops.... ETC

joemustang

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd droid and every phone so far.. Wifi has worked 60% of the time.