Wifi tether and Barnacle issues

Jaeger

Reaction score
Hello, I've been lurking for some time but just joined. I'm not very tech savvy so please bear with me.
I followed the instructions on the"keeping your droid x running snappy" thread. My phone is rooted, optimized and works like a champ. However, I can't get anything to tether to the phone. I tried wifi tether first and was able to tether my ipod touch but that was it. My laptop, my kids DSi, even my buddies Samsung Vibrant. No luck with Barnacle either.
Any thoughts? Its not a feature I'll use a lot but I'd sure like it to work when needed.

antnyh

Reaction score
Barnacle worked like a champ for me. Is the program itself not working or your computer not seeing the DX as a router? Try and post a few more specifics.

OP
J

Jaeger

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I presume the program is working, its just that the devices aren't picking up the signal.
I stopped at my folks place earlier this evening and saw that my pop had gotten a new Acer netbook. I tried wifi tether and it hooked right up. No issues at all. I'm not sure what the issue is but it must just be one of compatability and not an issue with the software.

OP
J

Jaeger

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I presume the program is working, its just that the devices aren't picking up the signal.
I stopped at my folks place earlier this evening and saw that my pop had gotten a new Acer netbook. I tried wifi tether and it hooked right up. No issues at all. I'm not sure what the issue is but it must just be one of compatability and not an issue with the software.