WiFi Tether working?

pikalolo

Reaction score
Wifi Tether

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion, but still can't connect with encryption. Don't want to sound stupid, but here goes... is infrastructure mode the same as ad-hoc? Basically, I can connect, but always get a error with encryption. If I check wpa-supplicant, my rezound states that wifi tethering is enabled, with no errors; however, my laptop won't recognize my SSID - my AndroidTether doesn't show up. Luckily I live in a pretty private place, so access control only shows me and my daughters laptop, but I won't use in a public area. I'm back to using PdaNet at school.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion, but still can't connect with encryption. Don't want to sound stupid, but here goes... is infrastructure mode the same as ad-hoc? Basically, I can connect, but always get a error with encryption. If I check wpa-supplicant, my rezound states that wifi tethering is enabled, with no errors; however, my laptop won't recognize my SSID - my AndroidTether doesn't show up. Luckily I live in a pretty private place, so access control only shows me and my daughters laptop, but I won't use in a public area. I'm back to using PdaNet at school.

Encryption doesn't work on any of the wifi tether apps for the Rezound.

jacrushar

Reaction score
Hey, I have been using an ICS rom (Nilsp business ics sense) and I have been using the Wifi Tether app (encrypted) for a while too. One thing that I have noticed is that the wifi from my phone will not work so well for my computer (windows) as it will for other devices. For instance, I will have my buddy's iPad connected to my wifi and it will be working fine for him but not on my laptop. My laptop will say it is connected to the wifi but it has "limited access". Because the wifi is working for the iPad just fine, I know it is not a problem with the phone's connection to the internet. I have the profile set to Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) and the routing fix checked. Any suggestions anyone?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try changing the access method to netd it works fine for me

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jacrushar

Reaction score
Changed the access method to netd, so far no problems! Thanks man.

jacrushar

Reaction score
Nevermind, still getting occasional "limited access" problems...

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't read all the posts, just skimmed a little. Is there any update on how to get tethering working (hopefully with 4g) I am just trying to learn about things while the phone is still in transit.

JoeAndDroid

Reaction score
It works fine for me. Obviously, you must be rooted.

Go into SuperUser Settings and set auto response to Allow (you will change this back to prompt later)
Set Dev-Profile to Auto
Setup method to Auto
Start with Wifi Encryption off. You can turn it on once you have it working
Check MSS Clamping & Routing Fix
Leave all the other settings at Default

Launch the app and try it out. If it works, you can setup the encryption.
Once you have it working fine, change SuperUser, Settings, Auto response back to Prompt

Superuser was blocking the app because the prompt came and went too fast. Once I fixed it, it worked fine.

Good Luck and report back...

Joe

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts, just skimmed a little. Is there any update on how to get tethering working (hopefully with 4g) I am just trying to learn about things while the phone is still in transit.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I'm kind of afraid of rooting a brand new phone, in case it's got a bug or something I don't notice right away. Is foxfi compatible with these phones?
Sorry, if I should stop asking questions like this and just wait until tomorrow and try it out for myself, just tell me. I can take it :p

JoeAndDroid

Reaction score
I'll tell you this, it was way easier rooting this phone than my Droid. I had to un-root and re-lock the bootloader to do the OTA a few months back and then re-root it too. It all went pretty easily. That said, I understand your reservations. Unfortunately, wireless Tether will not work without root. Not sure about foxfi. It says it works with HTC phones but doesn't specifically mention the Rezound. There was another app that is supposed to work without rooting called Easy Tether but it requires that you load an app on the PC as well. The free version will not work with encrypted sites (https). Anyway, good luck with the phone. I've had min 6 mo and still love it.

Joe

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I'll probably root it after a few weeks, just not right away. The D2 rooting process couldn't be much easier, so hopefully this one won't be either.