WiFi Tether working?

willywonkaisrsh

Reaction score
Since being unlocked and perm rooted, has anyone gotten WiFi Tether or Barnacle WiFi Tether working? I tried both and it seems to work on my phone, but when I go to connect to either my laptop just hangs while trying to connect.

lithium630

Reaction score
wifi tether

Wifi Tether works fine on mine. Make sure you enable MSS Clamping and Routing Fix in the settings.

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
Wifi Tether works fine on mine. Make sure you enable MSS Clamping and Routing Fix in the settings.

It worked fine for me. I included it in the batch script I hacked together from a bunch of scripts I found over the past day or so.

I didn't have to touch the MSS clamp option, but did have to tick the router fix option. Also, I was only able to connect via AdHoc, encryption didn't seem to work (couldnt find my SSID when it was enabled), and from what I could tell it still only used 3G speeds instead of 4G. Anyone else have a different experience?

TROPhouse

Reaction score
I've got the same problem here. I got speed test to open, ping, and then it was showing 3 megs and hung there and gave me a network error before the test could finish. I'm also having the same issue with not being able to get infrastrizzle. Only ad-hoc works. Seems like verizon still has something locked out. I had the same problem back when I rooted my DroidX too.

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
Yeah, speedtest gave me about 3-4Mbps down and about .5Mbps up (110 ping) while tethered with lots of spikes. However, when I run it from the phone with tethering turned off I'm getting about 5-8x that over 4g. I wonder if wireless tether just needs to be updated for the phone/network.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

randpost

Reaction score
Confirmed. Only AD-Hoc. works well for laptops and such, but most mobile devices wont see ad-hoc or at least in my experience.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Confirmed. Only AD-Hoc. works well for laptops and such, but most mobile devices wont see ad-hoc or at least in my experience.

Zt-180 adhoc switcher will change that. Most tablets and some phone only see an infrastructure mode connection, with zt-180 on the device you wanna tether to you can switch which mode its in. Its experimental and requires root, but it works for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

chrisrcarey

Reaction score
I am new to this whole thing. Just rooted my DROID 2 global running 2.3.3 and desperately want wife tethering. Tried installing both open garden and barnacle. Seems like they are trying to activate the verizon hotspot but i dont want to pay $30 a month.Trying to tether to a kindle fire.

Help me please

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Odd I have never been prompted for the Verizon service on barnacle. Using the stock tether I have but then I rooted.

chrisrcarey

Reaction score
Ok, so I rooted then installed barnacle. Is that right, nothing else I need to do?

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I am new to this whole thing. Just rooted my DROID 2 global running 2.3.3 and desperately want wife tethering. Tried installing both open garden and barnacle. Seems like they are trying to activate the verizon hotspot but i dont want to pay $30 a month.Trying to tether to a kindle fire.

Help me please

This is all I can find on it, but this is using radiocomm read instructions 2 or 3 times cause you can screw up your phone with the tool.
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/3136-wir...gerbread-tether-fix-instructions-updated-102/

chrisrcarey

Reaction score
I used titanium backup to backup my phone. Anything else I should do before moving forward with the link you gave me?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I used titanium backup to backup my phone. Anything else I should do before moving forward with the link you gave me?

A nandroid backup would be more apropos. Also those instructions were written for the Droid2Global. I have the feeling all they would do is mess up a Rezound.

Edit; Just noticed the sig's on the last few posters...this is the Rezound forum so please anyone with a Rezound don't jump on this.

chrisrcarey

Reaction score
I am slightly confused. I have a D2G.... so that is what I should do yes?

Also, what program would you recommend to do a android backup?

OP
W

willywonkaisrsh

Reaction score
It seems to me that Android WiFi Tether doesn't support our phone and Barnacle WiFi Tether doesn't support 4g.