Wifi keeps turning on!

fraze

Reaction score
I'm sure this post has been made 100 times, but I'm having this issue. I very seldom use Wifi. For some reason, I notice via the widget that wifi is turned on. I try to shut it off, but wifi turns right back on. It's like something is trying to utilize it.

However, I've looked through every widget I use (which are few) and I can't find a setting or anything that would be forcing wifi to be turned on.

In Settings, Wifi is turned on. I'll shut it off there too, low and behold, it'll be back on in minutes...

I even have Locale set to wifi=off.

Any ideas???? :icon_eek:

R1Lover

Reaction score
locale turns on wifi every 15 min or so for a minute to check location, it will go off by itself as well.

OP
F

fraze

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I'm guessing you aren't the right person to ask, but do you know why Locale would do this? Especially since there are no wifi APs when it's trying to turn on?

It's just frustrating because yesterday it consumed 35% of my battery and the battery was dead by 8pm last night. :(

[email protected]

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue

I really do think it has to do with Locale. I just installed it and have noticed my wifi coming on randomly. The only time I use wifi is at home, and I too have notice my battery being drained much faster. I feel like I want to remove Locale, but I just paid $10 for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trish

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I'm guessing you aren't the right person to ask, but do you know why Locale would do this?

Because that's how Locale works. It needs to know your location, so it needs to find it somehow....

[email protected]

Reaction score
Wouldn't GPS do this?

I do have Weatherbug app, and I do see that occasionally my GPS turns on.

Thank you for your response. I'll have to decide if I'll keep the app or not.

Trish

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really dont think your Wifi should drain your battery that much. I keep mine on all the time and I can still get 16-20 hours... GPS is more of a battery killer.

If the phone is new, give it a couple days of charging and discharging to get better, the batteries seem to have a break-in period.