Droid with Froyo - data randomly shuts off

ussdeltaflyer

Reaction score
About half the time after turning off Wifi on my Droid, data (1x/3g) does not come back on. The 1x/3g icon doesn't show up, and I can't access data. I have to reset my phone in order to get data to come back on. I run into the same problem when I shut data off in settings, and then turn it back on. About half the time it requires a reset to come back on. Just now, I turned the screen on after a few hours of inactivity (wifi was off, data was on in settings) and data wasn't working. I waited a few minutes, but it didn't come back on.

This only became a problem after upgrading to Android 2.2 (FRG22D). I'm running the official build that was installed as an OTA update a few weeks ago (the second Froyo update that Verizon pushed out).

Has anyone else been having similar problems? It's more of an annoyance than anything, but it would be nice not having to reset my phone a few times a day.

tommyb38

Reaction score
I have noticed it a few times on mine and a few customers have mentioned it. I usually just switch to airplane mode and then back and it is fine. I agree that it is nothing more than an inconvenience, but would like to be able to put a finger on why it is doing it.

rawalker

Reaction score
While using my Droid it sometimes gives me a force close message especially when I have been downloading something from Market. I am running Froxen Yogurt v1.6 with the Slayher 2.6.32.9 kernel can anyone help?

Thanks