random signal loss issues anyone

theguy386

Reaction score
so something I had noticed for quite a few months now is random signal drops. anyone experience this as well?
ill be using my phone or streaming Pandora (full 3g)... then all of the sudden it seems like no data signal at all is coming in... the 3g indicator will be blinking up, which I'm assuming is that its sending data; but yet NOTHING coming in. after about 45 seconds to a minute later it'll switch to 1x data (also sending, but no receiving), and after another 45 seconds of that a quick "no signal" drop and quickly jumps back up to full 3g and everything is fine. does anyone else have this problem?

this has been happening before and after the 2.1 update. I have tried several factory resets, but still nothing

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I've not had that issue. What happens if you switch to wifi?

Mike

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
I hardly use wifi, only when I'm at home, but I dont seem to run into problems with that.

ridaz650

Reaction score
i've experienced this a couple times. ill be browsing then all of a sudden it'll drop to 1x for about 10-20 seconds & reconnect to 3g. i blame the towers in my area since i also had this problem with my old BB tour.

solorca

Reaction score
This sounds similar to what I've been seeing when using Rhapsody. The only difference is that my 3G doesn't come back until I shut down the program.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I havent had any signal loss problems. If anything I have had better signal since the radio baseband update.

biggs

Reaction score
I have had problems just like that last 2 months i had my droid had a BB was perfect(was Alltel) then went droid an verizon plan an ever since bouncing constantly i go through like 2 or even 3 full charged batteries a day have called in an tech says nope no problems but to me it is a tower issue i my area a few others have had problems but not to many so i have ne explanation of it it drives me crazy perfect 3G running great then 1 bar 1x then no service at all then back to full 3G i dunno rackin my brain an buddies brains an tech suport has no answer they say its all good but i love the phone an live with it cause im an addict

subsynth

Reaction score
I had 3G connectivity issues for a while this morning, No 3g or even 1g icon, no web apps (Facebook/Browser/Twidrodi/Market) would work.

Did a *228 to update roaming and even did a restart and battery pull and still had issues, and then it came back.

Seems like a carrier issue.

EeYoRe

Reaction score
I have been having this same problem with my droid x. Randomly my phone will say loss of service and it will actually lose service for a few seconds. It bugs me so bad because it will wake me up in the middle of the night. I called customer service but they only told me to do* 228 and if that doesn't work then they don't know what is wrong with it.

GAPACmedic

Reaction score
It's been happening to me also. I even sent a CLNR Droid back because of poor signal in 3G and cellular. The phone I have now is better than the last but I'm still loosing 3G where I should not be.

eclark27

Reaction score
Yes, this happens to me nearly every night! It also effects my internet card for my laptop which is Verizon. Very annoying.