Wifi keeps turning off

kgula

Reaction score
Is the S6 more sensitive to wifi strength? My S6 is constantly shutting off wifi and turning itself back on, so I am thinking it could be wifi strength, or is it a setting? My S3 never had a issue with this.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it is a setting. Go under the wifi settings and you should see some options. The only one I always turn off is allowing wifi to scan for networks when wifi is turned off. But, I think on previous phones there was Smart Network Search or something like that.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In your wifi settings, tap the menu and go to "Advanced" make sure Wifi Sleep Policy (or similar) is set to Never.

Also, does this only seem to happen at one place? ie, just at home? It may be necessary to power cycle your router. I know that's fixed it for me before on my Note 4. Turned out it wasn't the phone, but the router. Though, the Note 4 still seems to popup the message that it's connected to my network randomly even though it should've been connected all along.

OP
K

kgula

Reaction score
Happens both at work and at home, I have reset the router in both places. I will try that setting you mentioned.

wardo

Reaction score
My wifi keeps dropping to. This used to happen with my note 2 but not the Turbo. I just changed the settings for never. Hopefully it helps.