Wifi issues tried all remedies i read here

tosh1

Reaction score
Hello guys....

You are my last resort to fix this dang Droid1. I have read every WIFI fix I can think of and still having wifi issues connecting. So here is where I am.. I got an insurance phone brand new with 2.2.1 from what I remember loaded 2.1 through RSD and then Nanroid backup to 2.2 with root. Dont ask me why I did this, but thats the way I have been use to rooting this phone.

Since then, when I try and get into WIFI it will see my network but as soon as I put in password it will try and connect and the immediately disconnect.

I made my network OPEN so I wont need a password and the same thing happens. I did the following at both work and home network and still no go. I have used this phone on both those networks before with no issues, before and nothing has changed with network hardware. Hooks up to my EVO no problems on both networks.

I will force it to forget so that I can try again and put the password to my network again and it will still do the same!!!

I have tried taking battery out for 2 mins. I have tried different ROMS, kernals and basebands, but still no go. This is where I am now.

I cant even load CW because I cant get to market to download anything. I need wifi to get this phone started since it will be for METROPCS and for me to get data without wifi i need files from market and load some other things.

In the end I have Charity ROM with the following info:

Android vers: 2.2.1
Baseband: C_01.41.00R
Kernal: 2.6.32 chevyno1
Build: FRG22D

This has been going on for 3 days now and I have been reading every rememdy but cant get anything to work. I am beyond frustrated now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please......

Edit: It will say Scanning....Connecting.....Disconnecting..... then my network will just say "Remembered, ssecured with WPA/WPA2 PSK

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, two things.

This phone is flashed to another carrier than Verizon, correct?

Second, have you deleted all the remembered hotspots and tried again?

Third, have you reset your router to clear the DNS cache and tried again?

Fourth, can you tell I can't count at 3:20AM?

Twelfth, is SPRecovery not working?

Eighth, do you have a working internet connection that you can use to download stuff with and then transfer data to your SD card via USB cable?

OP
T

tosh1

Reaction score
I am flashing it to METROPCS but cant since I need WIFI to get some files.

SPRecovery works thats how I am able to flash ROMS and Kernals and such still. I am doing a full wipe data/cache everytime, so that it erases everything.

OP
T

tosh1

Reaction score
That did not work. Does anyone have the stock 2.2.1 build, kernal#, baseband or flash that I can put back just to make sure its like stock again.

I have also tried Gallows suggestions on WIFI issues topic too.... NO GO!!!

Let me try stock 2.2.1 Verizon ROM and see if that helps me.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
sbf back to stock with rsd lite.

Rootzwiki had the 22d sbf on their droid page.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
sounds like the twilan_drv_ko file for the kernel you're running didn't get compiled correctly or is corrupted. Try flashing a different kernel.