Help with Wifi

MnMnmnm

Reaction score
My ZvXel doesn't allow unknown or can scan for MACs but I just found the MAC listed in the status menu. Added it and it works fine.
Thanks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Any chance you have your wifi set to only give out IP addresses to devices that it knows, aka MAC filtering?

You do know MAC filtering only slows people down, it's not foolproof.

miss chris

Reaction score
Loyrl, now you are getting way over my head! I don't know the answer to either of those questions.

Alex, the router is newish and is N.
Drewshaver, the router is set to boith tkpi and aes. I will go in and play and see if I can set it to just tkip.

At this point I am just going to deal with being connected via the weaker signal I get from the modem.

Last edited:

gdoane

Reaction score
Any chance you have your wifi set to only give out IP addresses to devices that it knows, aka MAC filtering?

You do know MAC filtering only slows people down, it's not foolproof.

Slowing people down is often good enough as wardrivers tend to go after easier targets and move along.

Out of the 3 wifi networks my droid can see from my house (not including my own) 2 of them are completely unsecured and one is a linksys in full out of the box mode with default everything.

So who is the hacker going to go after? The big fat easy target or the WPA secured target?

I kinda like having dumb neighbors. They keep the bad guys away from my stuff.