Wifi inconsistent.

modisch

Reaction score
For some reason my phone either drops its wifi connection or wifi simply stops working even though it shows it is connected and has a good signal.

The router is maybe twenty feet away with one wall between. I get a strong signal. It is a linksys with dd-wrt installed.

If I turn off wifi and turn it back on, it will work again just fine.... for a while.

The problem can be persistent, happening multiple times an hour... Or inconsistent, not happening for a couple of hours.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Are you running GB on you DX? MY wifi does not work with WAP/WPS security. When I switch my settings to WEP my wifi works great. I think it is the GB leaks that disable wifi. When I was running Froyo, I had no problems. I seem to remember when the DX was 1st released it had wifi problems until VZW updated the rom.

OP
modisch

modisch

Reaction score
No gb. Just liberty 2.0.1 on .340. And I'm using wep (because my home network has some old devices, like my tivo, that are on 802.11b).

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'd love to get this sorted out.

-m

slackersbakery

Reaction score
I have the same issues constantly. I have no idea what any of the tech speak on here means, but i love my droid and just want it to work. I have some lag issues as well. Again i know nothing so any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bobd27

Reaction score
I had the same issues with the wifi dropping out. After searching for an answer I found that if I change the encryption on the router from WPA AES and TKIP to just TKIP it works fine. I haven't had a problem in a bout a week now. It finds my wifi and stays there, WInamp even works the way it should :). I found this on an earlier posting on this forum, thanks to who ever posted it.

OP
modisch

modisch

Reaction score
Hrm. I'm using wep (because of some old devices). Maybe I can upgrade those cheaply and try wpa tkip.

-m

nickelocene

Reaction score
My DX used to connect to my n router without any problem. But recently, it keeps dropping the signal, keep reconnecting. I've changed security setting from AES to TKIP, to WEP and change from n to g, nothing helped. I'm with stock Froyo. Is this a hardware issue? Any suggestions?

OP
modisch

modisch

Reaction score
I recently updated the firmware on my router (WRT-54GL) from Tomato 1.17 to Tomato 1.28... and found things basically perfect. Don't know why that made a difference, although Tomato does have a ridiculous array of options... perhaps one of defaults changed and that made a difference...

-m

strider3115

Reaction score
Similar issues

I am using my Droid 1 on an N Linksys router that uses WPA Personal for security. My Droid 1 has always had issues dropping off of the network, and finally it got to the point where it says it is connecting and obtaining the IP address, and then it fails. I was using stock Froyo, and have since rooted my Droid and am using GPA15, and it still has the same issues. I am not sure if it is the Wifi adapter in the phone or what, but being a noob at this, I am not really sure. Any help is appreciated!

A quick edit: I am hesitant to change my network security type, due to the fact that it is my employers office router, so hopefully something else can be done! Thanks again!