wifi/eathernet boost?

JDH

Reaction score
I live on the edge of verizon 4glte territory, get 4g outside (weak but there) but not in our 240 year old house. two foot thick stone walls and being located in a topografical depression makes for fairly poor reception of any kind in the ground level of the house. Our property is a large farm with three buildings in the residential compound. The comcast ips comes into the guest house where we maintain a farm office, linksys wrt400N wifi router in upstairs window. I then use a linksys WES610N entertainment bridge in a lower window of the bank barn about 150 feet away from router, from that I use cat6 to take the signal up to the Hayloft which is used as a rec room. I connect to this via eathernet to my laptop when in use, this works great for the laptop but no eathernet hookup for the droid razr maxx. to take the signal from guest house router to main house I use a wet610N and run a cat5 down to the den below for directv on demand. I just installed a linksys SE1500 eathernet switch so I can feed directv as well as a laptop with E/cable
Finally to the question at hand, is there a wifi signal extender that will connect to this eathernet switch via cable and then broadcast my wifi signal so we can have a strong network signal in the lower level room? the signal we have for the TV is strong enough for very fast downloads of on-demand programing so I am hoping we can have the same effect for our smart phones. your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jed

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Problem solved, if any of you are in the same boat I would suggest the Edimax wireless range extender Mdl# EW-7228APn, $30 from Amazon. I did the setup disk and setup for "repeater" and pluged it into the SE1500 ethernet switch along with the tv receiver and wow, full bars of wifi for my razr Maxx. and my laptop.