WiFI Signal Strength on my Droid

cephas003

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My issue is that while my laptop and my sisters netbook both show full WiFi signal strength, my Droid will show one bar, or it will be the ball at the bottom is white while the bars above it are grey.

Is the issue the router? I dont think it is because like I said my laptop and the netbook both show full strength.

Is there a wifi amplifier or signal booster for the Droid?
(The house we live in is 3 floors and the router is on the bottom floor and I am at the top floor)

Thanks.

FLE

Reaction score
All of your computers are wireless? If this is true then more you prolly have a wifi booster. As for the phone what have you tried taking the phone closer to your router and to see if the bars increase? The wifi in both the laptop and the netbook are are prolly verry sensetive to signal,this is important if you want to wardrive.. I say take the phone and get closer to your router. I can think of a million things that would cause your droid to act like that. This is one reason why verizon sells a cell phone amp for people who live out in the middle of no where and are not getting a good signalor for 3 level houses.

Last edited:

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it could be the router, the best way is to test it out. try the same test on someone elses router. if you can put a different router in your house try that. my router sucks i get 2 maybe 3 bars on my laptop in my bedroom, 30 ft from the router, and 1-3 on my droid or itouch.