wifi slow only on my home network, others fast?

???

Reaction score
so i have full signal on my home network, on my laptop and ps3 i get around 6meg download, but on my droid i never get much more than 2meg. which sometimes i get that much on my 3g network.. now on other wifi networks around me, one being a linksys(same as mine) and one belkin. i get around 5 meg every time.

i dont know a whole lot about routers, but i believe i got one of the better/faster ones when i bought mine, and i've always heard belkin isn't as good as linksys. so any ideas what i can do to speed up my droid on my network to more like the other open ones around me?

i'm using speedtest.net on my laptop and droid to test.

oh and i did download a app called wifi analyzer and it says i'm on channel 1 but gives it all stars saying its a good one to be on, and my signal is always very high, while one of the fast networks is on channel 6, which is says has no starts and should be changed.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have an 802.11 N router? There have been some problems reported with the new N standard and the Droid, since N has to throttle itself back to G to connect to the Droid...

Or try going to the other end of the channel spectrum, channels 11, 12, or 13 if you have it available.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have an 802.11 N router? There have been some problems reported with the new N standard and the Droid, since N has to throttle itself back to G to connect to the Droid...

Or try going to the other end of the channel spectrum, channels 11, 12, or 13 if you have it available.

Yes, I have this router and the problem I have is not only speed but just staying connected. It's got to the point where I stopped using wifi in my home.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have this router and the problem I have is not only speed but just staying connected. It's got to the point where I stopped using wifi in my home.

Hook, you got me all confused :). Are you answering for the OP? Were you the OP?

OP
?

???

Reaction score
yep, I have a N router.

guess there's not much I can do. thanks guys

OP
?

???

Reaction score
just checked, was already on mixed and I tried G only and switching channels. nothing helpped.

2meg isn't that bad, as long as I know why lol

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weird. Sorry we couldnt get you worked out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I confused anybody. Darn sympathetic to the problem with the wireless N routers, that's all. :)

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Man I'm having problems with that router too. Except for me, I can connect but when I use xscope nothing can load past 10%.

gotfondue

Reaction score
Well considering I have 25/25meg internet and on the droid i get 14/1.2 it's not your phone.

rhasselbaum

Reaction score
I'm seeing a similar problem--very high latency--when I use my Droid X with my Netgear Wireless-N router. Seems to pause for several seconds every time it makes a new connection, but file transfers move fast once they get going. Tried disabling 802.11n on the router, but that didn't help.

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I've got 30/30 internet, with the G-router provided by Verizon FiOS.

My Droid gets maybe 6 down and 3 up. I've tried switching channels and such, but to no avail.

It doesn't really matter to me, it's still plenty fast.