WIFI 2.2 Issue ....

Sterl's

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to the Wifi 2.2 issue? I've heard about a supposed leak but haven't seen a working link.

My conversation with Motorola went like this.
Me: since I updated my (stock) Droid to 2.2 my wiwfi has not worked neither @ home or @ work
Mot: you must have changed security settings then
Me: no I have not, I can't even do that @ work
Mot: can you connect to open wireless networks
Me: Yes
Mot. then it has to be a security setting issue
End of call

My home wireless connects, but after a few minutes it becomes unresponsive. While my Work Wireless just scan, connects then disconnect. Took it to the IT folks and setting are all correct.

I even got a replacement phone from Verizon and still no luck

diverbelow

Reaction score
When I was having WiFi issues when connected to my home secure wireless with froyo (even with the current update), It would not connect to my home wireless. I deleted the connection and reattached to my wireless and will find out when I get home from work later today, to see it will automatically switch over to WiFi.

diverbelow

Reaction score
When I was having WiFi issues when connected to my home secure wireless with froyo (even with the current update), It would not connect to my home wireless. I deleted the connection and reattached to my wireless and will find out when I get home from work later today, to see it will automatically switch over to WiFi.

Once I got home and my automatically switched over to my WiFi connection and stayed connected the entire time I was home.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use WiFi normally because I don't have it at home, but at a place with Wifi (and requires a login) it connects and stays connected. It worked fine pre-Froyo and when I went back after the Froyo update it connected with no problems.

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Pull the battery for a minute and see if that helps. I had simular problem with a new router and even after updating the firmware it would either take forever to hookup or not at all. As a last resort, I don't know why I even thought of doing it but I pulled the battery and all has been well ever since.

OP
S

Sterl's

Reaction score
Ah if it was only that simple, Done that many of times.
Pulled Battery let it sit for 2 minutes or more. But that doesn't fix this issue

gallows

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the HTC Incredible. Got the froyo 2.2 OTA update in the morning and was working fine until last night. Problem continues to day.

The phone acts like it isn't connected to a network even though it is. Turning off the phone and removing the battery does nothing. Rebooting does nothing.

SOMETIMES manually cycling the wifi will return internet for less than a minute before it no longer works. The phone remains connected and I have the same issue no matter if I'm connected to wifi or 3G.

Confirmed WiFi works on other wifi devices as well as 3G.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with diver, delete the settings and add as a new connection.

gallows

Reaction score
HA! Now have 3 phones a moto droid 2, HTC inc, Moto Droid1... now all have same problem.

This is dumb. How does this get through the testing phase?? Oh yeah I know... because the community was flipping out about not getting the froyo 2.2 update and it made them rush it out so people would stop raging.

gallows

Reaction score
Fiddled around with it... Froyo remembers previous wifi access points settings even if you remove the profile and re-add it.

Wifi has no problems staying connected on open network on all 3 phones. This says its a security protocol issue with 2.2 as it is across the board.

Opening the security on the network forces a new profile to be created for that SSID and purges the last known settings.

I've turned the WPA back on and all phones now push data through the wifi as they should..... for now.

So the fix for me was

1. Disconnect from wifi
2. Turn off security on the wireless access point.
3. Reconnect to wifi.
4. Disconnect from wifi.
5. Re-enable security on the WAP
6. Reconnect to wifi and enter password when prompted.

OP
S

Sterl's

Reaction score
I'm with diver, delete the settings and add as a new connection.

That's the 1st thing I di
d, then removed the battey for 2 minutes.
Sorry guys/Gals but this isn't a simple fix.
I have been @ this since aug 17th the day I got the official update. My Work IT people are also looking into it since it has affect other Driod uses on Campus. Verizon & Motorola also but neither have been of any help. Verizon replaced my phone but that did nothing

Basically Wifi was working @ home when I left for work, wifi was working @ work till 8:10am when I applied 2.2. Phone rebooted & WIFI @ work has not been able to connect. And even thought Motorola wants to keep telling me something must have change security wise on both of these wireless networks, Work IT swears there have been no changes & I made no changes to the home network.

Home will connect and work for about 5 minutes after that even though the phone says it's connected & shows a strong signal & it's shows in the router Wireless just sits the unresponsive. And @ work it just cycles through connecting .. disconnecting.
:icon_eek:

rclark04

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem but none of the above has worked for me. It connected to my network before the updates. Droid1 2.2 I have tried open, WEP, WPA. Mine comes up and says obtaining IP address for about 10 to 20 seconds, then says disconnected, network says disabled but also says remembering network settings. I press network again, press connect and it goes through the same thing all over again. Very puzzling. the only thing I don't know yet if it will connect to a different network. I will try to do that tomorrow.

rclark04

Reaction score
Well I tried a couple different open networks, hotels, restaurants and my Droid connected fine with no problems. Now I have to figure out why it doesn't connect to my home network. Like I said it says obtaining IP from network but evidently never does and then doesn't try again unless I hit connect again.

rclark04

Reaction score
By the way, my router is a Microsoft MN-700. I've had this router for quite awhile. I'm beginning to wonder if it's the age of the router with the latest Droid update could be the problem. I've never had any problems with any computers or laptops connecting, even windows 7.