wife lost her charge and then

roach

Reaction score
My wife lost her droid charge last month,she had insurance and paid the $89.00 upfront to the insurance co.and they sent her another charge,to make a long story short she found it in her car somewhere and now she has 2 phones,can she sell the phone she found.
It was a few weeks old.
Thank's

shizumie

Reaction score
Not 100% but like 90ish, once replaced the lost or damaged phone is property of insurance co. So even if you find it it must be turned in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mack19318

Reaction score
The meid is now locked and there is no way for you to activate that phone again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I believe if you did find it and somehow they found out, you'll be charged full retail price of the phone?

Call the insurance company to work it out, most likely they'll have you return the phone

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Not 100% but like 90ish, once replaced the lost or damaged phone is property of insurance co. So even if you find it it must be turned in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
I was just thinkin,since I have been with with verizion I carry no less than three phones on my plan for my family.Fgure 5.00 for each phone a month plus the 89.00.So I pay about $300.00 a year times 8 years is roughly 2500.00
What do you think is it worth it.

shizumie

Reaction score
Im sure esn is finished so unles you can unlock it... um what do paper weights go for these days.... jk man. Ill give you 20

In all honesty man i see bad esn phones on ebay all the time for few hundred bucks.. but just remember im almost certain that phone is insurance co property.. so if its worth the risk to ya......

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
ok thanks guys I'll let her make the decision I will tell her what I found out here.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Minus the $500 for a new phone you are back to $2000. Have you replaced any other phones? How many years have you had car and home insurance? Do you have kids? Is keeping the phone the example you want to teach them. I seriously doubt that it is. Just do what is right, it is so much easier.

This post is Incredible 2

SirDroidTheCharge

Reaction score
I would contact the insurance company and submit it hopefully for some kind of credit good look!

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I think it depends on who the insurance is through; Verizon, Best Buy, etc. They may have different policies. But I don't think they can stop you from selling a phone that you paid for.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The lost now found phone has been reported and wont be able to get activated anymore, essentially doing anything other returning to the insurance company is considered a crime. My suggestion would be to return the phone they sent you and ask them to have the old phone reactivated and the $89 refunded.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Good advice given...but wth on wifey losing a phone a couple of weeks old in the car....how meswy is that car....lol.
I remember when my wife had her credit card "stolen" too. I found it after we divorced in the pigsty she had in our xtrerra when i cleaned it....lol

Sent from my DROID X while driving.....thankyou tapatalk

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Good advice given...but wth on wifey losing a phone a couple of weeks old in the car....how meswy is that car....lol.
I remember when my wife had her credit card "stolen" too. I found it after we divorced in the pigsty she had in our xtrerra when i cleaned it....lol

Sent from my DROID X while driving.....thankyou tapatalk

Lol.. i know what you mean, my wife has more shoes in her than what I have in the house.. ;-)

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

REMilk

Reaction score
OFF Topic!

Boy, did I get a laugh when I read the title of this post! I thought there was going to be something really interesting after 'and then.........'

I was thinking I hope my wife never loses her charge!

Bob

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I think it depends on who the insurance is through; Verizon, Best Buy, etc. They may have different policies. But I don't think they can stop you from selling a phone that you paid for.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Yes but there are laws against Insurance Fraud which this would be. It doesn't matter that it was legitimately lost and then replaced by the Insurance....what matters now is that it was found (no longer his property...it's the Insurance Companies property now) and he is trying to sell something that a claim was filed against. That is insurance fraud.