Why isnt my phone using my SD card to save stuff?

ShibbzDroid

Reaction score
Seems like when i put music on my phone and download apps everything is saving to the phones internal memory. From what my widgets are telling me. For internal memory its telling me i have used 130mb out of 256mb and for my SD card total space is 14.83 and my available space is 14.09. Theres like 100 something songs on the phone. What does the droid use the sd card for? Im probably asking a stupid question.

Id also like to know what is the best rom to put on it i know a few of them like bugless beast but witch one do you guys think is the best?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like when i put music on my phone and download apps everything is saving to the phones internal memory. From what my widgets are telling me. For internal memory its telling me i have used 130mb out of 256mb and for my SD card total space is 14.83 and my available space is 14.09. Theres like 100 something songs on the phone. What does the droid use the sd card for? Im probably asking a stupid question.

Id also like to know what is the best rom to put on it i know a few of them like bugless beast but witch one do you guys think is the best?

I think you might be a bit confused. Music is stored on your SD card. Mount your Droid and take a look at it on the computer.

I recommend using DM 1.0 for rooting.:)

Tatootie

Reaction score
They have to be going into the sd card. fyi - when you are mounted with the pc, you cannot access your sd card from the phone. Only through the pc. You have to unmount to gain access back. Then you should be able to use astro to see the songs, pics, etc.

OP
S

ShibbzDroid

Reaction score
yeah i was thinkng i was a little confused. So just music goes on the SD card? And i think w.e pictures or movies i put on there get stored in the sd card rite?

ShowTime

Reaction score
Media you add (music, pics, movies, ringtones, etc) are all stored on the SD card. Apps you download get stored on the phone's internal memory.

OP
S

ShibbzDroid

Reaction score
Okay thanks! Now what are some more ROMS to install?

Tatootie

Reaction score
Okay thanks! Now what are some more ROMS to install?

I would be careful here. Loading roms require root access. I recommend searching these forums and get knowledgable before playing with roms.

OP
S

ShibbzDroid

Reaction score
Do you have a link to droid mod and maybe some information on how to use it?