Droid Damaged SD Card

vettecbtc

Reaction score
Hello fellow Droid users,

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

This is the 2nd time that my Moto Droid woke up one day, and decided that my SD card was damaged, and no longer was able to access it. Last time, I was able to use a SD card adapter for my micro SD card, and then put the memory card in a memory card to usb adapter to drag off my files. I already replaced my sd card once, and it looks like I'll have to do it again. They are sending me a new Droid, as I am hoping that it is the phone that was causing this. Anyone else come across the same issue?

Thanks!

Brad

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hello fellow Droid users,

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

This is the 2nd time that my Moto Droid woke up one day, and decided that my SD card was damaged, and no longer was able to access it. Last time, I was able to use a SD card adapter for my micro SD card, and then put the memory card in a memory card to usb adapter to drag off my files. I already replaced my sd card once, and it looks like I'll have to do it again. They are sending me a new Droid, as I am hoping that it is the phone that was causing this. Anyone else come across the same issue?

Thanks!

Brad

Yeah once with the one that was included. I was able to pull the data and replace it with a 16 Gig Class 6 card and all has been well. It happens.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I'm having to deal with this right now. I have tried formatting the card twice and nothing is happening. I was able to move some files off so I'm happy about that. I hope I don't have to buy a new sd card...that would suck

Out of curiosity - why are you getting a new Droid?