Blank SD card

altjx

Reaction score
I plugged my phone into my work computer and it immediately turned itself off. This has been happening for quite awhile, even after upgrading the OS, so I'm wondering if it's some hardware issue.. Anyways...

I rebooted my phone and I all of a sudden seen an exclamation mark at the top in the notification panel. It says "Blank SD Card - SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem." I've tried removing the battery, and taking the SD card out, and putting it back in. I get the same issue. It asks if I want to format it, but when I press Format, nothing happens..

If I even go to settings > SD card & phone storage settings > Format SD Card > click Format SD Card button > Erase everything, nothing happens. It just brings me back to the storage settings again. I don't have an adapter to insert it into for a PC. What else can I do?

EDIT: Just tried to re-insert it, I tried formatting, now it says "Damaged SD Card - SD card damaged. You may have to format it" and when I hit format, it goes back to blank SD card

Last edited:

czar420

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. Tried the same reset methods. Any idea what's going on?

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. Tried the same reset methods. Any idea what's going on?

got me a 2GB SD card on the way. the 8GB of 16GB or whatever they give is completely dead. i only have about 600 MB of music anyway.

hydrolex99

Reaction score
I had that SD card issue the first two weeks I got the phone back in November. For me at least it was NOT an SD card issue they gave me a new droid. I ended up getting a new SD card as well and kept the old one the old one works FINE I actually use it on my camera now it was a faulty droid.