HELP! broken phone, unable to access sd card

DisturbedMaggot

Reaction score
so i slammed my phone in my tailgate today, and now i cant access the sd card. i got a droid 2 as a replacement, went to put my old sd card in from my droid 1, which has very important files on it, and the d2 says the card is blank, used my brothers d1, says the card is blank, comp says card is blank. the d1 it came out of still powers on, but thats about it, it freeses at the boot loader screeen that says battery ok, and a couple other things, tried doing a hard reset with the power button and x, got it to ask if im sure it wants to format the phone, said yes, it fails to format. card still unusable. PLEASE HELP!!! =( also the sd card is physically hot to the touch after trying to access it

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you've tried it out in multiple card slots/readers then the slots/readers probably aren't the problem. Sorry. If it's important, back it up.

You might have a chance of recovering if you can mount or connect the card via a reader and use a file recovery application on the PC.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Is it cracked? Even a microscopic crack ruins these cards... I think it's dead...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

DisturbedMaggot

Reaction score
Tried a recovery program, every sector was bad and it was unable to do anything. Can't do a chkdsk since its reading as a raw filesystem. And there's no visible crack anywhere I can see