slow upload speed from comp to micro sd

gtk13

Reaction score
anyone having this problem? i've tried uploading through usb and micro sd adapter. transfer speed is kinda slow. i took out the micro sd from the droid and it looks generic. could it be the the card? i saw a san disk micro sd on ebay for around $50 and i kinda don't wanna spend that much unless i absolutely need to.:mad:

texasPI

Reaction score
I believe all the ones that came with the Droid are Sandisk, mine is. I've experienced slow transfers too when transferring alot of data. Its just how it is. The card is not high speed.

OP
G

gtk13

Reaction score
wha...

yours says san disk on it? mine only says 16 gb micro sd hc. did i get punked?

OP
G

gtk13

Reaction score
ya i bought it from the verizon online. about how long does it take to upload... lets say a 500 mb file.

texasPI

Reaction score
It certainly takes a few minutes. The best I can remember, last time I transferred a movie a little over 1gb it took about 10 minutes.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
The phones come with a sandisk 16gb class 2 microsd card. Not fast at all. Also you might want to double check what usb ports you are using on your computer. Mine for instance, has usb 1.0 ports on top that only do a few hundred k/s on file xfers but the bottom couple are usb 2.0 and they usualy do 3-5 ish mb/s...

just something to think about.

rothfest

Reaction score
It is slow on USB 2.0 also... filling mine with music too HOURS.

I did not try to put the SD right in the laptop though... that would probably be faster but corrupt it at your own risk.

LrdElderon

Reaction score

I did not try to put the SD right in the laptop though... that would probably be faster but corrupt it at your own risk.

sorry to say but you either are not using usb 2.0 ports (which is what i'm guessing, despite that you say you are) or theres something wrong with your computer or the chip itself.

I've xfered an half season of startrek voyager 6 gigs and only took like 10 mins or so

rothfest

Reaction score

sorry to say but you either are not using usb 2.0 ports (which is what i'm guessing, despite that you say you are) or theres something wrong with your computer or the chip itself.

I've xfered an half season of startrek voyager 6 gigs and only took like 10 mins or so

Brand new Dell XPS, it is USB 2.0... This was prior to the 2.0.1 OTA however and since it is full I have not tried it since.

So you are pulling 1.5GB/min+?

LrdElderon

Reaction score

Brand new Dell XPS, it is USB 2.0... This was prior to the 2.0.1 OTA however and since it is full I have not tried it since.

So you are pulling 1.5GB/min+?

I think I mentioned it earlier. I usually get 3 to 6 MB/s or was it mb/s. I don't remember. You said it took hyou hours.... even if you were completely filling that card up shouldn't take more then mmmm. 20 to 35 ish

rothfest

Reaction score
I think I mentioned it earlier. I usually get 3 to 6 MB/s or was it mb/s. I don't remember. You said it took hyou hours.... even if you were completely filling that card up shouldn't take more then mmmm. 20 to 35 ish

I will delete and try it again then to see. Neither the laptop nor handset have any other issues.

I can fill a 160GB iPod faster than 13GB to the handset at this time.

LrdElderon

Reaction score

I will delete and try it again then to see. Neither the laptop nor handset have any other issues.

I can fill a 160GB iPod faster than 13GB to the handset at this time.

lets us know how it turns out. I'm curious to know if that solved your problem at all. I'm about to put more episodes onto my phone in couple hours so I can post what my actual speed is.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Ok So I'm in the process of converting season 2 of voyager for my droid and at the same time that's going on and all four cores are 100% I'm getting 5MB/s according to windows file copy box. 4 gigs took a bit less than 6 mins and it would prob have finished quicker but I was also doing the video conversion on the same drive and that's pretty intensive too.

not sure what other people get though. One thing that kept happening to me is windows would give me a error about wanting to scan my card when i mounted it.... I popped it into an external adapter and had it do a sector scan / auto fix thingy and it doesn't come up anymore and i think my xfer rates went up a little higher.

edit: I thought our sd chips were class 2? Why am i getting such a high xfer speed? ahh never mind found it. class 2 = 2MB/sec min with up to 13MB/sec burst maximums... so cool beans.

Last edited:

Big Ry

Reaction score
this sux. this is so much slower than my 8gb class 6. im trying to transfer ~13GB of music (not in one shot). ive got maybe 4-5gigs so far and its been like 30-45min, wtf? the boxes are saying 2-3MB/s...