Pics not saving to SD Card

b136624

Reaction score
I'm having gmail account issues that are going to require a back to factory reset. However, my phone is saving pictures to internal memory and not the SD Card. How do I transfer pictures to the SD Card and tell the phone to start using the SD Card for saving pics, video, etc?

Woo

Reaction score
You can email them to yourself on your phone and then transfer them to your sd card using a file trasfer app like astro file manager.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
I'm having gmail account issues that are going to require a back to factory reset. However, my phone is saving pictures to internal memory and not the SD Card. How do I transfer pictures to the SD Card and tell the phone to start using the SD Card for saving pics, video, etc?

OR you could just hook the phone up to your PC using your data cable (install the drivers if you haven't already) and just grab the pics yourself.

If you are looking for pics taken with your camera they are in your DCIM folder in the phone memory. I'm gonna assume if you haven't thought of this already, then you probably haven't used your data cable with your PC.

Plug the phone into a USB slot on your PC -> AUTORUN will give you an option to install software to help transfer info (the box will have the HTC and Verizon logo) so click YES

Once this is done, pick up your phone and go to your "Connect to PC" options (usually a pop-up or just pull down your notifications bar and press the "Charge only" notification) and chose "Disk drive" -> Done

From here your PC will have the next set of AutoRun options: to import using a graphics program (like Picasa if you use it) or view files. If you don't use a photo management program, then choose "Open folder to view files". There will be 2 pop-ups...one for your SD Card (~2GB), the other for your Phone Storage (~8GB). If you are looking at the Phone Storage you should see the DCIM folder -> 100MEDIA folder -> your camera pics/videos.

Copy/paste all you want to your hard drive and just move them back after your factory reset. Hope this helps!

OP
B

b136624

Reaction score
I knew where they are saved at, but figured there was an easy method on the phone (not using a pc) to transfer between phone and SD Card memory. Like a sub menu that I was missing or a utility app that I didn't see.

I also still haven't found a way to tell the phone to start saving pics and vids to the SD Card, not the phone memory.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
Astro File Manager to transfer on the phone, setting a default save folder I dunno

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App