Droid SD card help

ejimz

Reaction score
im having trouble clearing my sd card. I rooted my droid this past monday and have been switching around different ROMs such as ultimatedroid, bugless beast, and smoke glass. and ive noticed that the available memory on my 16gb sd card keeps decreasing. For instance, it would go from 8.04gb available to 7.96gb. i would try deleting items from my sd card by means of pc, and even though the items were taken off the sd, the memory would remain the same. in desperation, i unrooted my droid and tried clearing my sd, but my available memory still remained at 7.96gb. any suggestions?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

If you have your card mounted to your computer you should be able to see the size of the files on there by changing the way you view those files. icons, list, detail, etc.

You say "available memory on my 16gb sd card keeps decreasing." and you say you are deleting things. That makes sense, but I think you mean it is increasing and you have less available memory on the card.

Insert the card, right click on it in My Computer and go to properties to see its size. If you are deleting things and ending up with less space you must not be deleting the files.

You can format the card from "settings/SD card and phone settings" and then it will be back to how it was when you got it. I'd do that as a last step. Pictures, movies, downloads....something is filling that card up. Right click on each folder, while it is mounted to your computer, and check properties to see the size. Drill down to figure out what is taking up the space.