Why is this phone so slow?

bitter

Reaction score
I've had this thing for about a week now, and it's just so slow. The Droid 1 was faster than this out of the box. Flicking through the app drawer is LAGGGGGYYY. Texting is laggy, everything is just slow. Maybe it's just me, but I hope 2.2 makes this thing as fast as it's claimed to be.

Is laucherpro faster than stock? Because this is irritating.

dyno213

Reaction score
LauncherPro is much faster than stock. It's free -- try it.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I used it on D1. Curious about how it runs on this. Maybe I'll try it.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Okay, launcherpro really isn't any different. Still very sluggish.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Maybe I got a defective phone or something, because I am not impressed with this thing.

haticK

Reaction score
Maybe I got a defective phone or something, because I am not impressed with this thing.
either that or you installed something you shouldnt have because you should be getting pretty much no lag

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
Agreed.. no lag here, the only latency i've seen was with camerazoom fx which is a resource hog itself... this was right after I rooted, so I killed the app and rebooted just to make sure it wasn't the SU app or something gone wrong in the root.. after rebooting it was fast as ever..

chuk1005

Reaction score
Your X must be bootleg, I have no issues with lag and im running launcher pro.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
either that or you installed something you shouldnt have because you should be getting pretty much no lag

Mine is not rooted. I have the normal apps that I've always used on the D1.

hobby31

Reaction score
Did you change the battery profile to performance? Mine is just as snappy as my droid 1 running at 1.1 ghz. It was slow out of the box because moto had it in low power mode which I had to change in the settings. No, the X isn't slow.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Just changed it to performance, no difference really. Is there any way to get rid of that stock crap that comes on the phone? Or do I need to root for that?

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Oh, the dreaded live wallpaper. I just put a regular WP on there and the thing flies now. So this is how this phone is supposed to be!