Help! phone is really slow

iTz Spence

Reaction score
So, i have a Motorola Droid and i just got it a couple days ago.
i immediately rooted it and flashed SPRecover on it and put Ultimate Droid on it. The phone was ridiculously fast for the first night, then it started getting slow and laggy.
So i then flashed to Liquid Frozen Yogurt and i love it, i love everything about it, but again.. after the first day, my phone started getting really slow.

I even have it overclocked to 1 Ghz and it is still really slow. When i restart my phone, it gets fast again, but only for most of the rest of the day. I close apps with a autokiller and i clear my cache, and it doesn't help for s***.

Please shed some light on this please :/

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Experimenting with different kernels can make all the difference in the world! The Sapphire kernel in UD did the same thing on mine...after a few days. Cache Mate and clearing the dalvik-cache didn't really help either. Even clearing it in SP didn't do much.
First thing would be to ditch the auto-killer. Task killers should only be used to shut down unresponsive apps. Then, try flashing some different kernels and adjusting the clock speed. 900 is my sweet spot. See if that helps.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
I

iTz Spence

Reaction score
Experimenting with different kernels can make all the difference in the world! The Sapphire kernel in UD did the same thing on mine...after a few days. Cache Mate and clearing the dalvik-cache didn't really help either. Even clearing it in SP didn't do much.
First thing would be to ditch the auto-killer. Task killers should only be used to shut down unresponsive apps. Then, try flashing some different kernels and adjusting the clock speed. 900 is my sweet spot. See if that helps.

DroidForums junkie!

I will try that soon then. I know nothing about kernels, how to install them or what they even are.
Can you provide me with a link that you believe will help me the most? I'd really appreciate it!