Can it be just me having this experience with the DX?

nailerdog

Reaction score
I'm a Moto guy all the way back to my original hard wired car phone in 1985. I got a D1 at introduction and I upgraded to a DX on preorder.

My DX is running a rooted factory load of 2.2. It is laggy, slow and choppy. Lots of little glitches and quirks. It even drops the connection off and on on my plantronics bluetooth headset. When the phone has been locked and I plug it into the charger it won't unlock sometimes and typing in landscape mode is often quirky as well.

I've done a factory wipe and it still pretty much the same. I'm kind of missing my D1 with BB 2.2 on it. Wasn't perfect but in my opinion better than this.

I picked up my wife a Fascinate to use. It's running stock 2.1 and it is smooth, clean an fast.

I thought our DXs were suppose to be king?

I just needed to vent a bit. Am I alone in this experience?

littlerick

Reaction score
i havent had any of those problems, maybe you got something going wrong with the system. i would delete everything and use the sbf 2.2 file.

xliderider

Reaction score
Try taking your memory card out of your X, or drop another one in if you have a spare. Sometimes a corrupted file/filesystem on the memory card can cause some problems like you are describing.

If it is the card, backup your files to your computer, reformat the card in the phone, then move only essential folders and files back to the card. Putting the files/folders back in small groups is best so you can test after each one is loaded back for problems.