Why I decided to Keep my Bionic...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've seen several threads about returning the Bionic, or why it's so bad... I decided to post a thread with an opposing view, and future sighted...with that it's as follows...

I wasn't quite blown away by the Bionic neither, and I entertained the idea of returning it as well...mainly due to being able to see that grid everyone mentions on some screens and images, battery life being somewhat dismal, and auto focus being unstable on the camera, and thus far no faster really compared to my TBolt (rooted btw) on 4G...

that being said, I rethought all things and decided to keep it anyways because of the following reasons...

*I noticed that while there is the grid effect on some stuff, there is also incredibly crisp image qualities at times also...like the bootanimation eye which is basically HD quality with no grid effect that I could make out at all, and some of the pics that I've taken and I was able to get the auto focus just right turned out very sharp afterall..that and the fact that I tested a video that I encoded from Bluray m2ts to an x264 encoded MP4 (full movie down to 1.13 GBs) and watched on three separate players, all with differing results. Rock Player had that grid effect very evident, but the stock player and Mobo Player did not, and to be abe to make out the smoke on a video is truly HD...so I'm thinking the grid effect is software coontrolled and can be completely overridden eventually ...jmho

*While the battery life was dismnal at best early on, it seems to be getting better with every full charge, Been off the charger for about two hours and it's now only down to 90%...and that's with all sync fully auto including Google location services and GPS fully auto as well, watched the HD vid for several minutes, browsed the net a bit, and have had a live wallpaper the whole time... not bad ....and just imagine once custom kernels can be implemented!...that's one thing that made me lean towards keeping the Bionic...eventual full unlocked bootloader, I think it's only a matter of time really...

*the camera issues seem directly related to it's crappy auto focus, becuse I see it trying to focus and the same image pic can be taken and one turns out as crisp as HD and the very next turns out like an old pic taken with a poloroid camera...lmao...so I truly think that if they were to release an updated camera apk it'll turn out much, much better...

*and 4G..... it's always going to be as fast as the area's network will allow it, so the fact that my Bionic is always as fast on 4G as my 'Rooted' TBolt was, well that's a plus since it always keeps that 4G signal whereas the TBolt would lose the signal once every so often...that coupled with when the area 4G gets better, well it's only going to get better since I am sure the Bionic can go much faster, as fast as the network will allow it down the line... very promising imho...

Well there you have it...why 'I am keeping my Bionic'... what do you guys think??;)

Tegamal

Reaction score
I have no intentions of returning my Bionic, I think most people are just expecting too much from it. Some of the reasoning is sound, but for the most part, a lot of the gripes are nitpicky or whiny, to be honest. We all read the same reports & made the choice to drop $300 on this device.

Personally, I don't even read most of the threads & stopped clicking on them because they all sound the same. If you don't like it, that's fine, take it back, you have 4 more days. But before you start a new thread about why you are returning it, open one of the existing threads & just reply "Hey, me too!".

That's just my 2¢

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah many threads about why not to keep the Bionic, but not so much about why to 'keep' it...thus why I posted this thread..... with full point of views as to why keep...

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
I'm keeping mine cuz it keeps my flux capacitor operating at peak efficiency.

And it rocks out with it's...

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Nice perspective in your review. I for one also love the phone. For some, it's not what they expected. It's like arguing over what your favorite color is, one can argue well mine is yellow or orange because its easier to see at night, while some may say blue because it reminds me of the sky or ocean... everyone's different. And no ones wrong. If you read a report that you disagree with, just remember that it's that persons opinion, even if it comes off as if they are trying to bash it. As the saying goes, to each their own, and I hope everyone finds the right one they can call their own :)

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I will probably keep it, but I have to admit that not being able to use a headset our car aux connection due to whining is a serious issue. Really hoping motorola fixes that with a software fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mjones73

Reaction score
I will probably keep it, but I have to admit that not being able to use a headset our car aux connection due to whining is a serious issue. Really hoping motorola fixes that with a software fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

From what I saw in another post, you may want to exchange yours for another.